Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed up for the 8/25 session and to my surprise, got a note back from CSS advising that they still had spots open next week (Mon, Tues and the Wed/Thurs 2 day).

They must be motivated because they offered a $100 discount to move to either 8/5 or 8/6. They're also offering $400 off the two day camp.

Looks like a great deal so if you can make it next week, be sure to ask for the discount (they encouraged me to share the news).

If anyone is signed up for the Monday 8/25 date, I'll see you there.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Just signed up for the 8/25 session and to my surprise, got a note back from CSS advising that they still had spots open next week (Mon, Tues and the Wed/Thurs 2 day).

They must be motivated because they offered a $100 discount to move to either 8/5 or 8/6. They're also offering $400 off the two day camp.

Looks like a great deal so if you can make it next week, be sure to ask for the discount (they encouraged me to share the news).

If anyone is signed up for the Monday 8/25 date, I'll see you there.

That's really interesting. I signed up for 8/4 this upcoming Monday and they sent me a note offering to do Tuesday 8/5 with a 100 dollar discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate paying retail! I'd definitely ask them to consider the fairness of offering a discount after I locked in at full price. Not unlike paying 4x the price the guy next to you paid on an airline flight...

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I hate paying retail! I'd definitely ask them to consider the fairness of offering a discount after I locked in at full price. Not unlike paying 4x the price the guy next to you paid on an airline flight...
I agree, I'm definitely going to bring it up. If I knew that I would get a $100 discount for moving 8/25 date to 8/4 then I would of done just that.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
you guys need to let us know how the day was!

Had an amazing time! CSS is indeed a school and not just a track day group. They were extremely professional and were there to teach less experienced riders such as myself. I wouldn't have wanted my first track day to be with any other track group. The day started off with everyone being in a classroom and CSS crew introducing themselves and going over the track rules such as flags and etc. The whole day was broken out in 5 rotations of a classroom lesson followed by a riding session. All in all I got a chance to ride the track 5 times. During a classroom session we had a presenter including Dylan Code (Keith's son) introduce us to a basic technique 1) throttle control, 2) picking lines, 3) relaxing upper torso, 4) quick turn and 5) 2-step. After each classroom session we got to work on that specific technique. My control rider/coach had two others assigned to him who he worked with all day to hone the skills. He followed each rider for a few turns assessing their style, then he would get in front of the rider and tap his tail telling them to follow him. Depending on which technique we worked on, he would display a gesture to signify a rider when to initiate it. After the session the CR provided us with a feedback of our performance. It was a very controlled environment especially from a safety standpoint. The rules were that you could pass anywhere but had to be at least 6 feet away from the person. Initially we were asked to not use our brakes, stay in 3rd/4th gear but by the last session it was free for all. Keep in mind that it was Level 1 and we did work on the basics.

On top of that I got a pretty sweet pic :D

ImageUploadedByDucati.org Forum1407368081.003798.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts