Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Got my 821 Stripe last Friday. Had the termi race exhaust delivered on. Love the sound. Love the bike.

I want the Rizoma spy-r 60 but I'm not sure how great that'll look on the stock handlebar grips.

Rizoma makes beautiful custom grips but not for Ride by Wire throttle

Does anyone know if anyone makes handlebar grips for RbW throttle?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Perhaps Im not following you on this, but Ive changed the "Grips" on my 1199s Tri several times and there has never been any issue whatsoever with the RBW System being impaired simply by changing "Grips?" If you intend on replacing the entire throttle side assembly then I can see an issue, but not just the grips alone?

Never seen any set of grips that say "RBW Compatible" or anything of the sort man? Not sure if you are being mislead by anyone or like i said, something lost in my translation of your words? You should be able to mount ANY grips you wish as I have!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rizoma Spy-R 57mm mirror mounted

Few pics for Spy-R in original bar and grips.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rizoma Spy-R 57mm

Spy-r mounted

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Spy-R 57mm mirror in 821 Stripe

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That's approved :)
I see many only mounting the left one. Is that sufficient? Do you have a good enough view?
How did you remove the bar-end?
Do you need an adaptor to mount it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Like many, also I want to simplify Monsters look by having only left mirror (mandatory by law in EU). Weather I have mirror or not I allways turn my head in passing, lanes etc.
View from Spy is reasonably good still.

Original barend is plastic tube, and can be removed pretty easily by pull-turn movements.

For Spy mirror I used Rimovas part no LP200, see picture.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Rizoma grips use a complete throttle assembly for cables. We have done them on a Pani but you have to press out the throttle tube on the one and use just the grip portion. It can be done on RBW.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, got the Rizoma Spy-R mounted.
I love them...

They're steady, don't shake, great visibility, very clear.... just fantastic.

But, and there's a but; now the clamp where the old mirror was mounted is ugly and I want to change it.

Does anyone know if there's a replacement part without the mirror mount?

This is what i mean:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Wth?

I posted all the different grips I've used on my Tricolore and swear it was within this thread! Now I'm wondering where the hell they ended up after not seeing them in here?
And I don't even recall who I referred to when asking if they got my PM? These are the issues one with TBI deals with when it comes to memory. Often is dangerous when it comes to end result. ;)

Anyway, here are a couple of them. I know you'll all love the Domino 3 models as they provide a rest for your palms, especially the left hand! Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm still looking for grips...rizoma wants 130 for the right hand grip and ducati only offers it as an assembly...any input would be welcome

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hey, got the Rizoma Spy-R mounted.
I love them...

They're steady, don't shake, great visibility, very clear.... just fantastic.

But, and there's a but; now the clamp where the old mirror was mounted is ugly and I want to change it.

Does anyone know if there's a replacement part without the mirror mount?

This is what i mean:
Turn it upside down. I think there may also be some small clamps that fit without the mount.

Reactions: tjs5012
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.