Ducati.org forum banner

41 - 60 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I love it dude, I love the # plates.. its part of the reason I even bought my yeller bike... Its got the white # plates on it.... from what my dealer told me the yellow is much more rare then the red too... but a ducati is as rare in my town as a can of slim fast in a fat guys house... so yellow or red, you just don't see them in my parts..

·
Registered
11,004 Posts
haha, nice... I do like the LVs.... Kinda surprised with all your carbon that you don't like the Akra Carbon... either way sweet bike and if I'm ever down under I'll have to look you up and see it in person.... </thread jack>
I like what duckilover did with his LV's, removed the carbon end caps, very neat looking now...

Thank you! I really appreciate that! I love the Red but I have to be honest, there are 4 or 5 other red 1098's in my area and I didnt buy another Ducati to fit in with the crowd, lol. I wanted to STAND OUT! With that being said, I have been looking for something unique and was gonna do a Grigio Silverstone (Ferrari Dark Silver) color and keep the red frame, but after seeing the matte black one on the first page, I have finally made up my mind. I wasnt gonna post the pic I photoshopped, I was gonna wait until I got the bike painted, but I would love all your opinions... Here is what I am gonna do. I changed up the rear number plates a bit and added front plates with the red border... What do you think??
nice colour

Attachments

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thanks! Now I have to find a good painter around here to do it... I just hope all the CF on my bike isnt too shiny for a matte black.

PS.. OZ, youre my hero!

·
Registered
11,004 Posts
Thanks! Now I have to find a good painter around here to do it... I just hope all the CF on my bike isnt too shiny for a matte black.

PS.. OZ, youre my hero!
why not have the CF painted, and leave subtle hints of it showing through, would look nicer all in that colour maybe?

your standards must be low if i am your hero man.. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I am looking for a second set of fairings and a tank to have painted so covering the CF won't work because I will be using it with my stock red fairings as well.

As for my standards, anyone who takes the time, money and passion to do what youve done with your bike is OK in my book! :yo:

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
found some pics from earlier in the season. the bike looks a little different now after two lowsides and some other changes, but basic paint is the same. included a pic of the woodgrain numbers, too.
love it mate, what clutch cover is that, is it the same as on motowheels web site?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looks great! the pic you photoshopped is from Moto Forza in escondido Ca. The dealer had the bike painted locally and sold it like that. I asked the painter who did it and he said it would be a few grand for something similar... to much for me! but sure does look great.. i would have done exactly what you did.. raise the number plates a tad in the rear and add them in the front

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Looks great! the pic you photoshopped is from Moto Forza in escondido Ca. The dealer had the bike painted locally and sold it like that. I asked the painter who did it and he said it would be a few grand for something similar... to much for me! but sure does look great.. i would have done exactly what you did.. raise the number plates a tad in the rear and add them in the front
Any chance he said what color it was? It looks like a matte black but with more or a gunmetal tone. I would love to know where he got the color from or the code.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Any chance he said what color it was? It looks like a matte black but with more or a gunmetal tone. I would love to know where he got the color from or the code.
Call the shop and ask who they recommend for custom painting.. or say you saw a pic of that bike they had about a year ago. I think it was a custom color the painter made... and i dont have his name or contact info anymore.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I did just that! I appreciate the info! He said it was a custom color so I guess i will just have to get as close as I can! I appreciate your help!

41 - 60 of 207 Posts