Ducati.org forum banner

61 - 80 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
That matt black bike looks awesome. Maybe that's why the 749 dark made a good amount of sales. Xx1098xX where are you from? I got my bike painted in Charlotte, NC. If y'all want some larger photo's of my bike posted I can take some new ones.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
That matt black bike looks awesome. Maybe that's why the 749 dark made a good amount of sales. Xx1098xX where are you from? I got my bike painted in Charlotte, NC. If y'all want some larger photo's of my bike posted I can take some new ones.
Im in Washington DC... I found a guy out here but now I am debating on painting my stock fairings or getting som replacement stuff.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Xx1098xX, why don't you just go to a local paint store and flip through their books, they usually have a book with paint codes for most auto brands. That's what I did to get a paint code to paint my 749 track bike.

Here's some better pics of my 1098 by the way.

I had to throw this on in there just for the hell of it!

And here's my track bike that my buddy and I just finished painting in his garage. Not bad for a 1st time attempt at painting. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
The swatches are so small, it is hard to really get an idea of the color when you use those. I think I found a color called Grigio Lynx from Lamborghini that will work... I will post pics of it as soon as I find a good one that shows the color.

·
Registered
195 Posts
That bike looks sick, definitely more of a matted dark smoke color. Definitely not cleared. The color wouldn't look as good glossy.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I talked to my painter and he said it is actually a clear coat with a matte finish so I can still wax the bike etc. He said he can do it with pretty much any color. I am taking my front stock fender to him to test out the color monday! I will let you know how it goes!

61 - 80 of 207 Posts