Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a small workshop/office near my home in the Bay Area, Ca.
Finally, I have a well-lit, (more) spacious, proper work area to tinker in. It also serves as the, 'man cave' thing too…
Had to come-up with something to name it, and fill-in the empty sign. I came across this sticker I had made a while back for an other project, so for now she's called "D16rr" !

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nice Joe - Maybe I will run into you one of these days.
I look forward to it !

Hey Joe, nice space. Is the TZR a street legal bike, or is it one of your old racebikes with the full on TZ250 motor?
Wow, good eye !

The TZR250 is my old race bike (that started as a JDM street bike) and then converted for racing with the full-on TZ treatment.
It's a 1991 year model so yes it is old.
Geez, 24 years old !

It's been very good to me, I have raced it on-and-off for years, and won 6 AFM 250SB championship titles,('94,'95,'96,'97,'00,'11) and it only seized-up on me once ! Top of the corkscrew at Laguna, broken Clavicle (collarbone). And, I think I only fell-off of it 2 other times in all those years !

It also won an AMA GTU (1 hour, two rider endurance race) at laguna ('94) In the rain, against all the factory bikes with Al Salaverria and the late, great Dave Emde at the controls. (see attached video)
Thanks for the interest !

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi Joe,

Very nice digs.

I raced an Armstrong F2 bike back in the 1980's. It was powered by Rotax 250cc disc valve tandem 2-stroke twin.

Here's a photo along side my first race bike, a 1980 Ducati 500 Pantah! Wish I still had them!

Coming out to the Austin MotoGP race next weekend? It should be a great race.

Paul

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts