Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my eye on the Dainese Body Guard Vest for a while, as it appears to be a convenient product. You just zip on the vest and get fairly good (CE Level 1) back and chest protection under your riding jacket. The $200 price tag seemed a tad high, providing it doesn't have CE2 Level armor, but I just found one on clearance for $155 shipped, so I pulled the trigger and ordered one.

I probably won't get it for a few weeks, and it's coming up on the cold season where I live, so I'm not sure when I will be able to give it a good review. But I will when I can. Does anyone have any experience with this vest?

Product Review: Dainese Body Guard Vest - Overdrive

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finally got the vest. It's very high quality, as you would expect from Dainese. The mesh is thick and the stitching is good quality. The back protector and two halfs of the chest protector are removeable. The adjustable waist straps are a nice feature, as I have 46" chest with a 34" waist.

In terms of sizing, I wear an XL t-shirt and the XL vest fits good. I went for a ride in the vest and its reasonably comfortable. I've never worn chest protectors, so it took a little bit to get used to it. Definitely adds a little more crash safety confidence.

Overall, I would give this product an "A" rating. If you can pick one up at a clearance price like I did, its definitely a good buy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts