Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think I remember the kit being ~$300. There's nothing needed to be done to the bike, just plug it in. I still haven't gotten mine to work :(

·
Registered
337 Posts
vikingdrvr said:
I think I remember the kit being ~$300. There's nothing needed to be done to the bike, just plug it in. I still haven't gotten mine to work :(
Off Topic -- Sorry about this ---
Viking --- how do you like your 675? My Ducati dealer is also a Triumph dealer and I'm thinking of getting the 675 after the 1098 is picked up and paid.
Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what issues are you having? I dont really need it but I like geeky stuff like that, if anything just so that I can show my buddies at work

·
Registered
166 Posts
cronn said:
what issues are you having? I dont really need it but I like geeky stuff like that, if anything just so that I can show my buddies at work
I think you're asking me :confused: but I can't get the software to download the data. Keep getting a warning that says "Device was unexpectedly disconnected or a communication error has occured" Anyone else encounter this problem?

·
Registered
97 Posts
viking that sounds like a common usb storage device error......what OS are you running....how old is the computer.....and did the error seem like an OS error or was the error specific to the ducatista software....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Orlando1098S said:
viking that sounds like a common usb storage device error......what OS are you running....how old is the computer.....and did the error seem like an OS error or was the error specific to the ducatista software....
running xp, a toshiba laptop probably 5 yo at least, specific to the DDA software. TIA for any help !

·
Registered
97 Posts
hmmm....I don't have my bike or a manual for the software so I'm winging it here...

First check my computer to see if it shows up with the rest of the drives under the area where it's like C;/D: etc....may take a few seconds...I'd wager it's setup as a standard usb storage device

If it doesn't, I'd try to connect it to the bike, run through the delete data procedure on the bike, then re-log some new data.....see if any error messages are thrown

If part 1 worked then I would try it on a newish computer....it's possible that it requires a newer version of the usb standard than your computer has.

Let me know and if anyone else who has one that works can try part one and verify it indeed shows up as a storage device under my computer that'd be extremely helpful.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Go to you computer managemed in the control pannel and look under drives. You may need to map the usb key to a spare drive letter.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Update: Still not able to get the data to download. I've searched the DDA website for help. Seems there's a patch file for the problem I'm having, but after downloading and installing I'm still not getting the device to download the data. They claim it's a USB controller issue in the computer being used...I don't know, I get the same fault when I try using my desktop too.

FYI: Their web help is at: http://www.prosa.com/DDAWebSupport/index.do

·
Registered
1 Posts
In order to solve your problem there are two options, both require you have another PC with a USB Controller that works well:

1. use the other PC in order to change the firmware of your DDA Device. To this aim download and install into the other PC the Flash-Updater that you find in the download session of http://www.prosa.com/dda.
!Notice that the new firmware will have not the same performance of the original one!

2. Do not change the firmware of your DDA Device and install and use the DDA Application in the other PC.

PAY ATTENTION: I speak about FIRMWARE, that is the software that the Flash-Updater writes INSIDE the DDA Device.
I think that you downloaded and installed the newly version of the DDA Application: notiec that the new versione of the Application does not resolve your problems, since it is not a software problem, but a USB Controller problem!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I called my local dealer and it costs 250 USD. I am thinking of adding it to my standard 1098

·
Registered
337 Posts
VIKING---- checked out the thread on the 675. Thanks!
That may be next.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts