Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fallen back in love with the Desmo.

17" rims with Pirelli Supercorsa tyres, bike feels light and nimble......can also use on track.

I now have a daytime MOT....so no lights required no reflectors....no indicators.....no nothing....!!

Just a track bike with a plate on it.....and all road legal..!!

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Very nice.

Nice wheels too, I've still to collect mine. Just a couple of weeks.

What size rear tyre did you opt for. 190?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was also a little concerned how the hugger would look.....I was thinking about making some spacers.....but I think it looks better now than standard.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I was thinking the same, not much in the way of clearance for stones etc should they get stuck.

Does look much better, neater.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Around here they'd hang you for riding that without indicators or lights.

BTW that 200 tire looks great !

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Pro..!

I'm carrying the mot and insurance paperwork with me everywhere I go to produce when I get pulled.....which will happen....I never ride aggressively on the road so shouldn't get in too much trouble even if its not 100% road legal.....which it is.....:D

Very happy with the tyres and rims.....bike is as I'm concerned.....finished.

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
909 Posts
I have fallen back in love with the Desmo.

17" rims with Pirelli Supercorsa tyres, bike feels light and nimble......can also use on track.

I now have a daytime MOT....so no lights required no reflectors....no indicators.....no nothing....!!

Just a track bike with a plate on it.....and all road legal..!!
Not even a brake light? cool:yo:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Many years ago one of the US bike magazines (Cycle? Cycle World?) had a feature on a few custom road bikes. One of them was a 1974 Ducati 750 Desmo ('Green Frame') which had been totally re-painted in red and it had a race fairing with no light. It was road registered. The owner (a doctor), said the magazine, had no trouble getting home before dark. I've got the picture somewhere.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You have to be careful about riding with no lights. I got T-boned by a newbie rider on a Ducati Monster who tried to pass me on the right while I was making a right turn, even though I made a hand signal with my left hand indicating a right turn. I was riding one of Scott Russell's 1994 Team Muzzy World Superbikes on the street with a stock ZX9 motor in it. Even though the police report found the Monster rider 100% at fault, the Monster riders insurance company found me 25% at fault for having no turn signals, even though I made a legal hand signals. Since turn signals are required by law, they found the loop-hole and used it. F-ing insurance company. Cost me thousands of dollars.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Even though the police report found the Monster rider 100% at fault, the Monster riders insurance company found me 25% at fault...
That is EXACTLY why you should have gone to court. Your statement essentially says, "The guilty party's insurance company told me they weren't going to pay for the damages in full and I accepted their offer without protest."

Your counter-offer should have been, "Tell you what, you pay me in full and I won't take your to court. That will save you the additional expense of my attorney's fees. Re-read the part of the police report where it says your client is 100% at fault before you decide."

·
Registered
106 Posts
MOT? What is this? I do not understand.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank you; I would guess Ministry Of Transport/Transportation then.

·
Registered
87 Posts
That is EXACTLY why you should have gone to court. Your statement essentially says, "The guilty party's insurance company told me they weren't going to pay for the damages in full and I accepted their offer without protest."

Your counter-offer should have been, "Tell you what, you pay me in full and I won't take your to court. That will save you the additional expense of my attorney's fees. Re-read the part of the police report where it says your client is 100% at fault before you decide."
I did not proceed with any further legal actions, as the rider that hit me had a very low amount of insurance. My medical costs far exceeded his coverage, and then my own insurance took over.
I was able to get some coverage for pain/suffering, but that more than maxed out his insurance as well. Fortunately, I had my own disability insurance, so lack of an income while I was hospitalized was not an issue.

It was only on the accident damage to the motorcycle were I got screwed by the insurance company for not having any turn signals. It would have cost more to pursue the matter in court than it was worth. The rider that hit me, had no money of his own, so there was no suing him. At least he had some insurance. Doesn't help much with the pain of having 10 pieces of titanium holding my pelvis, hip and right leg together though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts