Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 1098 is sitting at the dealers and I just need to understand the exhaust options vis a vis the Termi exhaust systems.

I've been told two versions as to what my options are, by two different Ducati dealers.

Dealer A says that I can buy the Termi carbon end can slip-on's, and at a later date I can add the 70mm diameter race exhaust manifold.

Dealer B says I can't do that. They say that with the full race exhaust system, the diameter of the pipes is different and you need a different end can so you cannot use the carbon "slip on" end can.

I've looked on the Ducati website and from the pictures the carbon end cans look identical regardless of whether you have the "Racing carbon silencer kit" or the "Complete exhaust system with carbon silencers".

Are the carbon silencers the same regardless of whether you buy the carbon silencers only or the "Complete exhaust system"

Thanks for any help on this point.

Upgrading from my old 2001 996. problem is that I still love my 996 and I'm in love with the 1098, Ducati have really given me a headache - So many bikes so little time :)

Cheers

Ogri

·
Registered
134 Posts
Everything I've read suggests you can buy the slip ons and upgrade later. I think the slipons will be plenty anyway.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ogri said:
My new 1098 is sitting at the dealers and I just need to understand the exhaust options vis a vis the Termi exhaust systems.

I've been told two versions as to what my options are, by two different Ducati dealers.

Dealer A says that I can buy the Termi carbon end can slip-on's, and at a later date I can add the 70mm diameter race exhaust manifold.

Dealer B says I can't do that. They say that with the full race exhaust system, the diameter of the pipes is different and you need a different end can so you cannot use the carbon "slip on" end can.

I've looked on the Ducati website and from the pictures the carbon end cans look identical regardless of whether you have the "Racing carbon silencer kit" or the "Complete exhaust system with carbon silencers".

Are the carbon silencers the same regardless of whether you buy the carbon silencers only or the "Complete exhaust system"

Thanks for any help on this point.

Upgrading from my old 2001 996. problem is that I still love my 996 and I'm in love with the 1098, Ducati have really given me a headache - So many bikes so little time :)

Cheers

Ogri
The slipons on both the 57mm exhaust and the 70mm exhaust are the exact same size. You can buy the slipons now and upgrade to the full race exhaust later. The slipons come with an ecu and air filter, so does the full exhaust. I don't know if the full exhaust and slipons use the same ECU.

CAG

·
Registered
337 Posts
They are the same.
Check out the 2007 Accessories catalog at your dealer.
The "70 mm" manifold is NOT 70 mm the whole length.
It varies in diameter and where they meet with the Cans, they are slim back down.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
My dealer told me that the only difference between the two is that the full system also comes with a new air box lid and the slip-on's don't.

·
Registered
134 Posts
DUCMILLE said:
They are the same.
Check out the 2007 Accessories catalog at your dealer.
The "70 mm" manifold is NOT 70 mm the whole length.
It varies in diameter and where they meet with the Cans, they are slim back down.
That is correct sir!

·
Registered
12 Posts
THE FULL EXHAUST SYSTEM COME WITH A DIFFERENT ECU THAT IS 1500 BUCKS CANADIAN AND YOUR STOCK ECU CAN'T BE PROGRAMMED FOR THE FULL SYSTEM....THE ECU ARE SEAL UNLIKE OTHE ECU'S ON EARLIER MODEL DUC'S...iT'S RUNS LIKE CRAP WITH OUT THE NEW ECU THAT THE DEALERS PROGRAM FOR FREE WHEN YOU PURCHACE THE FULL SYSTEM WITH ECU.........I'VE TRIED THE CHEAP WAY..........TRUST ME THIS IS THE BEST WAY.

·
Registered
337 Posts
dwayne said:
THE FULL EXHAUST SYSTEM COME WITH A DIFFERENT ECU THAT IS 1500 BUCKS CANADIAN AND YOUR STOCK ECU CAN'T BE PROGRAMMED FOR THE FULL SYSTEM....THE ECU ARE SEAL UNLIKE OTHE ECU'S ON EARLIER MODEL DUC'S...iT'S RUNS LIKE CRAP WITH OUT THE NEW ECU THAT THE DEALERS PROGRAM FOR FREE WHEN YOU PURCHACE THE FULL SYSTEM WITH ECU.........I'VE TRIED THE CHEAP WAY..........TRUST ME THIS IS THE BEST WAY.
The Cans come with a different ECU also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts