Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My starter died on my 749 again, it's denso #27040051A, which fits a number of models. I've already flipped the brushes once, but they're toast this time. Rest of the starter is fine. Does anyone have a source for parts for this so I can get a new brush set. I don't want to drop the coin for even a used starter as I have this bike for sale.
Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll update this for any cheapskate's like myself. This is a pretty universal starter for most ducati and many other European bikes.
DENSO DUCATI P/N:
27040051A
DENSO P/N:
428000-1070
AFTERMARKET P/N:
SM9162
RPELACEMENT BRUSH SET:
SMBK175

The aftermarket and replacement brush set were listed by a UK company called electrex world Ltd. Brushes are about $27.00
Replacement starter is about $125.00, no idea who makes it, but these part numbers show up on other sites, so they may be from a manufacturer, or they may be electrex part numbers. If anyone is very handy the brush size is 6x9x12.5 and can be purchased in a set of two brushes for denso starters, these would need to be crimped/welded onto the power terminal and brush plate. The above brush part number comes assembled on the terminal and plate with Springs. Hope this will help someone, as this is an easy repair that will save someone 600 or so bucks over a new denso ducati starter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.