Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Desmoquatro question for you experts out there.

When the forward cyclinder is at TDC using indicatior on the piston, all the cam markings are lined up. Certer timing belt pully is lined up to mark on cases, and the cams all line up.

When the vertical cylinder is at TDC, the cam markings are are all off 20 degrees or so. Is this correct or is there something wrong with my timing?

I was checking my cam clearances and came across this and it doesn't make sense.

Thanks. Long time engine builder but first time inside a desmoquatro.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

At TDC, the horizontal cam dots should be facing outwards (up and down) and the vertical should be facing up wards. It's just the way they built these engines and when they're new, they usually have yellow marks on the indicators which are to be used on each cylinder.

Hope that makes sense!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum!

At TDC, the horizontal cam dots should be facing outwards (up and down) and the vertical should be facing up wards. It's just the way they built these engines and when they're new, they usually have yellow marks on the indicators which are to be used on each cylinder.

Hope that makes sense!
Yes I agree, but this only occurs when Horizontal / front cylinder is at TDC. When the Vertical cylinder is at TDC, the cam marks don't line up. Can somone explain this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.