Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on, let's create a recent gallery of Desmo's being ridden, you know you want to!

Just got mine out of storage after feeling a 5yr itch I couldn't scratch, they really are quite special aren't they?

Leaving it in track mode now and if I can loose 10kgs I might even be able to last more than 5 laps before crumpling into dishevelled heap in the pit garage!

Daytime MOTing it for a blast at the Nurburgring (Nordschleife) for next year and Spa track day. If any UK peps fancy coming PM your email addresses and I'll let you know the dates for 2016.

As for the Ducati leathers, no one will believe me if I told you they were the best eBay deal I found at the time. I discovered whilst I might be able to get into my old leathers, I couldn't actually breath when in them, something of a drawback really.

Over to you guys, hopefully your pics will be a bit sharper, I think the camera man had a few too many sherbets the night before ...

Attachments

·
DucatiSpot Ambassador
498 Posts
Hey mate - 321 back in the room!!! I thought you'd sold it??? Glad you have'nt as most of my riding buddies have gone all lame limp wristed and either sold or 'have other life priorities' or whatever lol :D

Still got mine, was out for a run on Sunday - until the clutch went. Hey ho, a mini winter project for me...

Keep in touch mate and lets devise a cunning 2016 track plan!:smoking:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yey! And there was me thinking you sold yours too. What is it with that, had exactly the same conversation with Jim at the Desmo track day about 'lightweight priority dodgers'; 'married fathers' is the other term they generally go by!

Yes cunning stunt clearly requires planning in 2016, we're doing the steelie championship amongst other things, total hoot, team Sons of Anxiety or some sh*te. You ought to do a couple, its crazy fun. Feels like running round on a comfy armchair without the drama and at a snails pace after the desmo! Smash the whole bike up and have it rebuilt for the price of the desmo's rear number plate bracket - I sh*t you not!!!!

LOL

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yup still riding and enjoying this great bike...just feels so special...dont talk about clutches Slickhillsy...mines getting a new one next week from Neil Spalding a 48 tooth Sigma ...the one I had in was suggested by Protwins and has been at best snatchy and at worst damn right dangerous...had changed the basket...new plates and replaced a leaky oil seal £500...still not worked so the Sigma should do it.
Let me know when you both get out on track...and I'll try to join in guys.
Slickhillsy we met up Box Hill...I was riding the Foggy rep...still got yours?

YJ4Y3493.JPG

·
DucatiSpot Ambassador
498 Posts
Yup still riding and enjoying this great bike...just feels so special...dont talk about clutches Slickhillsy...mines getting a new one next week from Neil Spalding a 48 tooth Sigma ...the one I had in was suggested by Protwins and has been at best snatchy and at worst damn right dangerous...had changed the basket...new plates and replaced a leaky oil seal £500...still not worked so the Sigma should do it.
Let me know when you both get out on track...and I'll try to join in guys.
Slickhillsy we met up Box Hill...I was riding the Foggy rep...still got yours?

View attachment 90148
Hey mate good to hear from you... Alas the Foggy Rep was moved on, really enjoyed the restoration project and they are very pretty bikes but decided to sell and part fund a toy with 4 wheels :D

Be good to have another Box Hill cuppa at some point, sure Simon can come meet as well - maybe get some 2016 track plans in place ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey chaps, sounds like a smashing plan, box hill catch up. Desmo clutches, deep joy! Shame you had to loose the Foggy to fund the Mini cab ... lol. Lovin the Scud. I might whimp out and drive over, just recovering from a double hernia op. I know Marquez can get in the points then win a race a few weeks after breaking his hand, but I'm just searching for mothers who've had C sections seeking some empathy!

·
DucatiSpot Ambassador
498 Posts
Hey chaps, sounds like a smashing plan, box hill catch up. Desmo clutches, deep joy! Shame you had to loose the Foggy to fund the Mini cab ... lol. Lovin the Scud. I might whimp out and drive over, just recovering from a double hernia op. I know Marquez can get in the points then win a race a few weeks after breaking his hand, but I'm just searching for mothers who've had C sections seeking some empathy!

Seriously, man up dude!!!! :D :smoking:

·
DucatiSpot Ambassador
498 Posts
But I dont think it'll fix what you've got mate!!! :D LOL...

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    379 KB Views: 321

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nah, his problem was he sneezed and swallowed a bowling ball! I'm all zipped up now, just waiting for the pain to subside, waiting, waiting, waiting etc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts