Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many track days can you get out of Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa's? I've got 4 days on them now, some cold tearing. This is my first track only bike & this is the first set of tires solely used on the track. I'm sorry if this subject has been beat to death, any input would be appreciated!

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
As with most answers it depends, but if you have a cold tear problem do you know what's happening?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know, maybe I didn't bring the tire up to temp before running it hard? I wasn't sure what it was, I asked Dave, he said it was a cold tear. Dave was awesome & I'm sure he gave me more details but I don't remember now. That was last Sept. I'm just not sure if I should continue to run it.
Dave set up my suspension throughout the day & the tires were wearing well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for sending the video. It did occur in the afternoon after being on warmers all day & I didn't recheck my air pressure after setting it in the morning. A mistake I wont make again.
I'm pretty sure that's what happened.
The tires don't appear to be worn out & I wouldn't hesitate to run them on the street but I don't really understand heat cycling so I don't know if 4 track days would be enough to effect the tires performance? First two track days (my 1st time) wasn't on warmers. The next 2 were on warmers. How many track days do these typically last? Thanks!

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
I'm no expert, but Dave has shown that tires can heal back up... I don't think heat cycles are your problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.