Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's not what this bike is meant for but I'm taking mine on a cornering course and a track course for beginners in a few months. Has anybody here done it? The only reason I am taking mine on the track is because its the closest bike I have that I can take on the track.

For those that did it, what was your experience like on the diavel on the track?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I know it's not what this bike is meant for but I'm taking mine on a cornering course and a track course for beginners in a few months. Has anybody here done it? The only reason I am taking mine on the track is because its the closest bike I have that I can take on the track.

For those that did it, what was your experience like on the diavel on the track?

When I went to CSS there was a dude on a gold wing. Doesn't need to be a sport bike to belong on a track

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At our local track there is a guy that sometimes goes to trackdays with his Diavel. Doesn't seem to be an issue for him.
This bike is amazing. It's really not a cruiser in the modern sense of the word. It's something between a cruiser and a sports bike. I'm probably going to build up a track bike at some point but I'm loving this bike. The beginner cornering course I am going to doesn't require changing the anti freeze out or physically removing mirrors but rather we tape them. I'm happy about that. The track day, I will have to prep the bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finished a cornering school. The only complaint I have of this bike is the placement of foot pegs. The standard riding position placement makes it difficult but not impossible to keep your feet from sliding during aggressive turning. I have to really concentrate on pointing my toe up to stay off of the ground. Keep in mind, the turns I am referring to are 90 and greater than 90 degree turns. Because of this, shifting to gain speed out of a turn is nearly impossible when your turning left until you can come out of your lean a little. Most of the time, this wasn't an issue but this issue does surface if your on a track with aggressive multiple turns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.