Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a few runs this weekend. I did not even know i had hit 95 mph untill i looked at it. Some interesting data. Anyone else try theirs out?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Hey ducquack1098..

Nice album, something tells me you like the color red!

Curious, where did you get the side stand floor plate for your duc from?

You think you could get your duc any shinier? Holy Crap, I had to put my sunglasses on! What do you use for wax?

Beauty! :yo:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ducquack1098 said:
Made a few runs this weekend. I did not even know i had hit 95 mph untill i looked at it. Some interesting data. Anyone else try theirs out?
Uh yeah I tried mine out too. Sort of limited data compared to full racing systems, but intersting nonetheless..I am going to explore it more this week, but I had the same surprised speed experince as you...er only the number was 161:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Edward Zabinski said:
Uh yeah I tried mine out too. Sort of limited data compared to full racing systems, but intersting nonetheless..I am going to explore it more this week, but I had the same surprised speed experince as you...er only the number was 161:)
I got a DDA run to 169 :stickpoke
Stopped there 'cause I liked the number :) It was only spinning around 9200 rpm and there was plenty left!

·
Registered
215 Posts
vikingdrvr said:
I got a DDA run to 169 :stickpoke
Stopped there 'cause I liked the number :) It was only spinning around 9200 rpm and there was plenty left!
Same here I had plenty left, didnt even feel this fast... At first I thought it was wrong but the GPS dont lie.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Edward Zabinski said:
Thats real funny. I am glad my number was not 169, because it was in a 30 mph posted zone.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ducquack1098 said:
Thats real funny. I am glad my number was not 169, because it was in a 30 mph posted zone.
It was a 65 zone...I was only 104 mph over!

·
Registered
337 Posts
So for you guys that had to buy it - ie. you Standard guys - is it worth the $225 or whatever?
I'll be doing track days and it sounds like a good idea, but I doubt I'd know what to do with the data anyway.
I've got mapping software on my Birel Kart and I still can't figure out how to use it for chassis adjustments.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vikingdrvr said:
It was a 65 zone...I was only 104 mph over!
Oh only 104 over they would probably just give you a warning for that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DUCMILLE said:
So for you guys that had to buy it - ie. you Standard guys - is it worth the $225 or whatever?
I'll be doing track days and it sounds like a good idea, but I doubt I'd know what to do with the data anyway.
I've got mapping software on my Birel Kart and I still can't figure out how to use it for chassis adjustments.
Its mostly just for fun. The only thing you are getting for $300 is a flash memory stick and the software. Im not realy sure what to do with the data either but at the track it would be cool. It may help keep track of your progress. When I am riding mine I try to watch the road more than the display.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ducquack1098 said:
Oh only 104 over they would probably just give you a warning for that.
Right...here in AZ, anything over 85 is felony speeding, not usually enforced but they can throw you jail if they wish.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you like spending 300 on a toy that you will probably get bored of then yes, it's worth it. Looking back I would rather have spent that cash on a sweet open clutch cover and a pressure plate. I found it fun for the first week but unless you are a data freak and want it for the track it's not worth it. Only got mine up to 157, to many dang cops on the highways out here!!
I can't read the time at the end of the graph ,anyone figure out how to make the chart font bigger?

·
Registered
166 Posts
knedrag said:
I am still trying to figure out how to use mine..LOL
It took me quite a while to figure out too. My assumption was you just toggle on the USB feature and the data would start recording...what I didn't know was, you also have to turn on the 'lap' feature, then toggle the headlamp flash to start and stop data recording. It's really not very clear in the manual, but you might want to give that a try.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not Accurate

vikingdrvr said:
It took me quite a while to figure out too. My assumption was you just toggle on the USB feature and the data would start recording...what I didn't know was, you also have to turn on the 'lap' feature, then toggle the headlamp flash to start and stop data recording. It's really not very clear in the manual, but you might want to give that a try.
I took delivery of my 08 yesterday and just plugged in the DDA today. The first thing I did was erase the memory stick on the bike. Then I turned on the usb function by holding the down button for about three seconds. I didn't do anything else and when I arrived home it had logged 30 minutes of ride time and had all the data in tact. as one "lap"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts