Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would say if you got a good deal on it than its perfect. I mean there is very little difference in the two bikes.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well only today i went and saw it and feel in love with it after the ride i can not belive how good it is to ride once you go duke you will never go back to a jap bike the power the way it turns is so amazing you cant tell some one about it they need to ride it

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Great call; spend the money you saved on chassis upgrades and you'll put an Evo (with it's 6hp advantage) to shame.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I brought my 2010 second hand too it was sitting next to an EVO in the shop but with all the money the previous owner spent on her and the immaculate condition it was in it was a no brainer.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
You made the better choice.
I would hardly call it a better choice. It all depends on what your budget is. I can spend the money to make the same upgrades to my EVO and then my 6hp makes all the difference. :yo:. If your talking about saving money than he made the better choice.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
hey man only thing is that your satisfied. Theres a lot of different people that ride ducatis all with different opinions. this is my first duk as well and i agree that i will never buy anything else.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it seems to me that some evo riders belive that there in front cause of 6hp but the men with the 848 dont seem to care about the evo cause they know its just a tiny upgrades in it

so at the end of the day i have a duke and its an 848 and it rides mental

and for photos i still havent picked her up yet as soon as i do they will be on here

·
Registered
1 Posts
nothing but regrets

i switched from an 08 RR600 to an 09 848, and i can honestly say it was the biggest mistake of my life. before i get the damn thing i read so many posts of ppl saying how unreliable this bike is over and over but the god damn looks sold it to me and now i understand this is what happens when you let mario and luigi design a bike.

got it with only 300k on pretty much brand new, after 1500k the bike just didn't start, it was a burnt start motor which is think is very weak to begin with according to the sound they make to start up and how you have to try multiple times to get it started, i had to tow the thing to ducati and wait 2 weeks to get it fixed( i wonder why they are so busy...) after just 2 days of getting it back i smelt coolant which i now know is a famous phuck up by ducati again so another 2 weeks it will be in the garage doing what it does best, eat dust.

now you might think that mine is one of a thousand thats just fucked up but no your wrong cuz my buddy got his 08 848 a week before me and now he is dealing with different set of problems such as clutch cylinder slave leaking and not starting right and also shutting of by its own at red lights.

he changed from an 08 R6 to this and he also agrees that it was the biggest mistake he could make.

other than the looks and breaks, this bike has nothing thats worth it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
^^^^ Sorry to hear that. My 848 has done 11,000klms without a hitch.
Maybe you should have heeded the advice of the forums about the problems and done your research accordingly.

d

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lmaooo i gotta think to my self what are you still doing on a ducati forum thats what made me shocked

well i guess you and you mate have had some unlucky times with em and maybe your ducati dealer dont like you ...im sure if you look after it and do what needs to be done to em they will be fine like anything in life car boat bike im prettty sure your just a one off

but i think i should be fine knock on wood

wish me luck boys :D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
this guys excessively long life on the forum (joining this month) and excessive amount of posts (1). Leads me to believe he sells japanese bikes for a living. And his last sentence leads me to believe he doesnt even own an 848 at all.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts