Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2nd day having my 2013 corse and like many here know the OEM lights suck horribly!! I already have the projector/HID retrofit parts on order.

I'm finding the gauge cluster is bright when riding at night and makes it a little harder for me to focus on the road ahead. Is there a way to dim it like in a car?

I didn't get a manual with my bike since I picked it up "used" from a dealer with 734 miles on it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
As T stated, no option on the bike to dim the display (at least I haven't found it on mine either). Light tint should work fine. If you are planning on upgrading your headlights, once you have them out, the gauge is very easy to get to...take off the trim around the outside and you can get the tint under the trim so you wont have to worry about any light bleeding around the edges.

Now, off topic, but from your thread about trying to decide between several bikes, we can see your choice...how do you like the Corse? Did the dealer swap wheels and tires for you?

If you are still thinking about swapping out the bodywork, I may be interested in the lowers.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The window tint was my first thought as well. I was thinking I would cut a piece of thin plexi glass to match display, use this like extra strength Velcro/glue stuff we have at work to hold the tinted plastic over the display. I'm not sure if I want to tint it since that mak make it too dark for day time.

It's a normal 2013 corse with slip ons, sprocket/chain upgrades, light weight flywheel, and fender clean up kit in the back with some light relocation mods. Seems cool. Although I still wish it was white on red.

·
Registered
543 Posts
That is a concern, but a LIGHT tint shouldn't hinder daytime use. Going the route you are describing sounds like quite a bit of work...taking the trim off the dash is only 7 or 8 small torx screws, apply the tint (maybe even use the non permanent static type) and put the trim back on to hold it in place. Just a suggestion based on my own plans to fix the bright display.

Color change is easy enough, and you should have no problem doing it for free essentially if you sell the corse plastics, because they are limited in number, they go fast...just remember I called dibs on the lowers!

Now get out and ride her...she will be more then "cool" once you get to know her a bit!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts