Ducati.org forum banner

Should we clean up the site and enforce rules or not?

• Yes, I would love to see the site go in a friendlier direction.

Votes: 51 31.5%
  • No, I love the free for all.

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Don't care either way.

Votes: 18 11.1%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
been on here since 07-great freedom here-but for fuck sake get rid of ducati couple and this will be the place is used to be-hardly post here anymore because im embarrased of the decline of the aussie section brought about by this fuckwit

·
Banned
12,711 Posts
As a long standing participant on here, and having copped my share of bans for my behaviour, I still say don't change a thing.

I have been guilty in the past of behaving poorly, being abusive, and being overly aggressive. I took things too far at times, and I do hold regret for having done so.

You, the moderators, sent me a pretty strong message last time, which I think was overdue, and I have subsequently respected that.

If you really must change anything then I suggest you leave it as it is, but implement a 3 strike and you're out policy.

1) a warning from the moderators to tone it down.
2) a 7 day suspension and a final warning
3) a permanent suspension

I also believe you should still give people the ability to communicate with you.

For whatever the reason may be, there are sometimes extenuating circumstances that drive certain behaviours in people.

This place is unique in the cyber world. It is more than a forum, it IS a community. It is interesting, entertaining, funny, distracting, and there are members from all walks of life with all sorts of experience that are willing to share that with each other, and it is all brought together by our love of Ducati's. There are many members from around the world who have met up and shared each others hospitality, from meeting on this forum. That is pretty cool.

Leave it to us to attempt to self regulate, like the Supreme Chipmonk used to do, and please only step in as a last resort.

I appreciate how you have dealt with myself, and I can demonstrate at least that a more moderate approach from the authorities can work.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thread Hijacking and trolling are the main problems for me

I don't mind rowdiness swearing and nudity and so on

it's about keeping the place organised

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
What is a friendlier direction? seems pretty friendly now, everyone seems for the most part to respect each other, so why the fuss

·
Registered
705 Posts
this forum seems fine to me. is anyone here a member of gixxer.com?

sure there is the occasional fuck whit. sometimes people need to be told to go fuck themselves, sometimes that is done by a member, sometimes a mod should get involved with warnings. isn't that the way it's always been here?

obviously i am fine with the fucking cursing, carry on aussies

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
there is too much cursing in the Australia forums.

thats where the root of ur problem is. i mean look at all the 1 star threads in there.

:/

Simple if it offends, don't go into the Australian section, then you won't be offended. 90% off it is mates takin the piss out off each other. There are a couple of clowns that could do with a tap on the head I'm sure but rather than throw the stick at it just use the temporary banned tool a bit more.
been on here since 07-great freedom here-but for fuck sake get rid of ducati couple and this will be the place is used to be-hardly post here anymore because im embarrased of the decline of the aussie section brought about by this fuckwit
I agree with bevel about that clown...if anyone deserves a ban, it's that guy!

I also agree with Mobius, but Smarty makes a great point. If a certain section bothers you, don't go there. Just like in real life. I would like to get rid of the quality techs at work cuz they're assholes, but I can't, so instead I just don't go there. We're grown-ups for the most part, we can deal with it.

Just like others said, the only thing I would suggest is enforcing the ban rule a bit more. Like Soz said, start with a warning or 2, then a temporary ban, then a permanent ban. But if you do give warnings, mention the reason for it specifically. I got banned from the .ms forum once and I never got a reason for it...poof! I was gone just like that! Nobody told me exactly why :confused:....please don't be like that.

Also another thing you might add if possible...extra rankings. Everyone who has 300 posts is a "senior member"...we should recognize the REAL senior members (such as the ones who have thousands of posts) with other titles...like "legendary member" and such :D :yo:

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Also another thing you might add if possible...extra rankings. Everyone who has 300 posts is a "senior member"...we should recognize the REAL senior members (such as the ones who have thousands of posts) with other titles...like "legendary member" and such :D :yo:
....the only problem with such a ranking is that quantity doesn't always equal quality.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Ban the Angry Possum for being rational too please. Also please ban Wilkon for wanting Soz banned. There needs to be some serious cock flopping around here!
One more Ban. The ban Wog for falling of his bike more than me. Ban!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
For me it's fine...

I usually browse and comment in the same area's... I do not have a problem with an opinion that I disagree with, and I like being able to give mine right back.

A bit of salt...
A bit of fire...
A bit of sarcasm...

It's why I come back..

Friendlier? Sounds a bit subjective to me...
Ducati's have passionate fans... As well as the sport of being on a bike in the first place...

Members can learn to handle their own problems with other members on their own in my book...
PM's are for such things..

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
....the only problem with such a ranking is that quantity doesn't always equal quality.
very true, but who cares? we're only talking quantity here...if you want to judge quality, make up a thread in the sink that's the opposite of TOTM :D...the possibilities are endless!

·
Registered
581 Posts
We are all adults here and I like tits, swearing and Ducatis...leave it alone. If they want to be politically correct go to the ms site.

21 - 40 of 317 Posts