Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
And how does this mod effect your low end TQ figures with the stock head pipes? ... Considering the fact the butterfly is open at full throttle, I can't see you gaining anything much in terms of power on the long runs, but at part to mid throttle, is does a good job of burping the exhaust back pressure to help build more "usable" low to mid-end power, not to mention keeping the twin smooth. For street use, the butterfly is a godsend, but if you want to track your bike and are only after the mid to high-end spectrum, then a system without a butterfly is in your best interest...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
<-- grumpy bastard..... LOL.... Interesting findings.... I helped a friend of mine bypass the butterfly on his gxxr, but to our disappointment, the bike actually ran worse from from part to mid throttle. It actually developed a significant flat spot at around 3-4K RPM, thus questioning whether or not removing the b/fly on the 1098 would actually help anything...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.