Ducati.org forum banner
221 - 228 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
also i disabled my exhaust valve today which was more of a pain in the ass than it should've been. first off, why does Ducati (or other companies for that matter) use "quick-connects" that are everything but ****in quick to disconnect. I'm pretty sure it took me over 20 minutes to disconnect that little motor. There's barely any space to find my hands in there, and of course all their wiring is exactly the length it needs to be, not an inch more!! And then those 2 little metal pipes that the cables go through next to the exhaust are impossible to take out without removing the entire exhaust and who knows what else! One of the bolts holding it on is behind the frame and next to the exhaust pipe so there is no space for any tool, or your hands to go through. I ended up getting really pissed and grabbed it with a pair of pliers and broke it off the bolt (thankfully it is just a thin piece of sheet metal)!!

Oh and everything seems to work fine, I got no error code after disconnecting it. I have the stock ECU, but it was flashed and remapped.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Installed the ebay plate and it has no cell at the start but comes on later when riding. Then I stop and turn the bike off, turn it back on for the plate to check the position and the cel goes away...Very weird. Does anybody have any idea why would it be like that?
My 1098 does this as well, sometimes it'll go 25 miles before it comes on, once I've stopped for fuel and started it up again it never comes back on again.

Got a DP ECU to go on so we'll see If I can chuck the whole lot in bin now.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
mine did that too, been doing it for years. Randomly keeps coming on, no apparent cause. I got sick of it. Also the carbon fiber plate I bought 2-3 years ago finally couldn't handle the turning and the center cut out rounded out, so now it never works. I broke down and just bought the viz-tec quick connector and tossed the whole unit. Don't know why I didn't do that earlier. So much better

·
Registered
182 Posts
can anyone tell me the voltages at the two end points of the servo?? this is found using the dash menu to set the EXVL. of course you would have to have the stock exhaust and cables hooked up for the correct values that the ECU looks for. Anyone??

·
Registered
119 Posts
I can only speak for 11 848Evo bikes, but the exhaust valve only actuates while in neutral. I tested this theory myself. This valve is strictly to pass noise restrictions that are tested statically in neutral. If you put the bike in gear even with the clutch engaged this valve never moves. So unless you are trying to ditch the little extra weight and get rid of the cables it really provides no performance gain.

·
Registered
350 Posts
mine did that too, been doing it for years. Randomly keeps coming on, no apparent cause. I got sick of it. Also the carbon fiber plate I bought 2-3 years ago finally couldn't handle the turning and the center cut out rounded out, so now it never works. I broke down and just bought the viz-tec quick connector and tossed the whole unit. Don't know why I didn't do that earlier. So much better
Is the viz-tec connector an alternative to flashing?

221 - 228 of 228 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.