Ducati.org forum banner
41 - 60 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
people people people, I did fit a full zard system on the weekend and without modifying the servo at all I have no error codes!!! The trick is to remove the cable from the flapper side with out turning the pulley on the servo at all!!! You will not get any error codes at all. I did it and it works. I was told this info by my zard dealer and to my disbelief it worked.
The set valve might not check it right after but it will eventually try again. Most likely at the next cold start

·
Registered
368 Posts
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by OIO98
people people people, I did fit a full zard system on the weekend and without modifying the servo at all I have no error codes!!! The trick is to remove the cable from the flapper side with out turning the pulley on the servo at all!!! You will not get any error codes at all. I did it and it works. I was told this info by my zard dealer and to my disbelief it worked.

The set valve might not check it right after but it will eventually try again. Most likely at the next cold start /QUOTE]

Whatever, I liked getting rid of the two cables cluttering the clutch area.

See, cables gone.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am getting this stupid exvl 23.5 code now after only 1500 miles, what a pile! Anyway, I took the cables off, and error code is still there. So my question is this to be clear...before I do any mods. With the cables off and the spring on the valve in it's natural position is the valve open?? Or is the valve open when the bellcrank is pulled by the cable?

Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ok, so I ditched the cables, and made the arm for the servo, but after endless adjustment it still gives me the error code. I think it is time to look into an ECU, but I cannot find a Ducati part number for just the ECU, I think it only comes with the pipes. Anyone know if I can just get an ECU?

·
Registered
368 Posts
try it and you'll be suprised it works. I sure was.

On my 1098, without the servo 'posts',
the servo wheel spins for a while,
then the Yellow CEL dash light comes on.
If I then cycle the power, the CEL does not come on.
But it will return on the next normal power up.

OIO98, Did you remove the cables from the valve end,
cycle it once, then remove the cables completely?

GSXR1K - I had trouble getting the simple flat piece of metal to work.
And when it finally did, it eventually rotated on the shaft.
Bolts screwed into the servo wheel right at 'the corners' work well for me.

All,
Of course, if the 'Zard' magic cable removal method works,
we need to figure out why and how, and be happy.
Perhaps its a one shot deal to remove the cables and not bump the servo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
On my 1098, without the servo 'posts',
the servo wheel spins for a while,
then the Yellow CEL dash light comes on.
If I then cycle the power, the CEL does not come on.
But it will return on the next normal power up.

OIO98, Did you remove the cables from the valve end,
cycle it once, then remove the cables completely?

GSXR1K - I had trouble getting the simple flat piece of metal to work.
And when it finally did, it eventually rotated on the shaft.
Bolts screwed into the servo wheel right at 'the corners' work well for me.

All,
Of course, if the 'Zard' magic cable removal method works,
we need to figure out why and how, and be happy.
Perhaps its a one shot deal to remove the cables and not bump the servo.
I would put your cables back on, hok them up to the valve and start the bike up. This should set the parameters so you can take it off.

You will need to not turn or disconnect the servo motor during the removal of the cables.

41 - 60 of 228 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.