Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Looking forward to being part of the Group!!

Got my New 2013 MS1200s late summer. Only has 12000km and so far finding out that it is an amazing bike. Upgraded from a Suzuki Vstrom (another great bike).

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Doing winter services and upgrades. So far:
  • Oil Change done,
  • Oil Warning reset
  • Crash bars installed
  • LED HiBeams
  • LED driving aux lights
  • USB power supply installed
  • GPS 396 mount installed
  • DUC-ee installed
Planning on doing :

• Tuneboy Cruise install (Part way thru but bike will not keep running after start. Shuts off in 2-3 seconds, Trying to solve problem ANY HELP APPRECIATED)
  • Change out Timing belts. (Timed out never changed even though mileage OK)
  • STS auto turn signal shut off install (may consider their brake module)
  • Denali Sound Bomb Horn install
  • Exact Start Cable upgrades
  • SW-Motech EVO frame for panniers (Have Kappa 37l which are better than pretty OEM panniers)
  • Electical relayed bus for accessories
Have removed all the right side plastic and getting ready for the timing belt change out. Seems like a straight forward operation but has anyone done this so that the top vertical cylinder belt cover can be removed without removing the gas tank? Can the cover be wiggled out somehow? Not a huge deal but would like to do without disconnecting wires and hoses to the tank.

Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2010 with TuneBoy cruise. I've never had any problems though so I can't be much help. (Also . . . I forget the brand of horns I put on, but it sounds like my granddads Buick! Have a Blaster-X tail light, Speedo-Healer, Scott Chain Oiler, cat eliminator, Garmin Zumo XT etc.)

I always check/adjust the valves when I change belts so I think I have always had the tank off.

Guess I'm not any help? But you'll love it when you get it sorted out!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2010 with TuneBoy cruise. I've never had any problems though so I can't be much help. (Also . . . I forget the brand of horns I put on, but it sounds like my granddads Buick! Have a Blaster-X tail light, Speedo-Healer, Scott Chain Oiler, cat eliminator, Garmin Zumo XT etc.)

I always check/adjust the valves when I change belts so I think I have always had the tank off.

Guess I'm not any help? But you'll love it when you get it sorted out!
Thanks. Actually I am down to the tank so will take my time and see how to remove after taking all the fuel out. Thinking 4 bolts, Fuel pump elec connection and fuel hose need to be disconnected. Anything else I may be messing? Any hidden things to watch for?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the Tuneboy to finally flash properly and I think I now have cruise. Haven't done a test ride yet but happier that a porker in manure that the bike now runs after start. Got the appropiate blip indicating cruise active after starting.

So finished the replacement of the timing belts. Once I figured out how to get at the bottom left bolt on the top vertical belt cover, the change out was pretty straight forward. Not much luck with the Gates app for setting tension. Tuner-Pitched app set to A2 note worked much better. BTW 110hz setting is close to sound you get when you chant OOOHHHMMMM (If anyone is into trivia).

Question - Putting it all back together there is a gap between the top and lower belt covers on the vertical cylinder. Didn't notice this when taking apart, and there is no amount of fiddling that seems to get rid of it. Suspect this is normal? (Noticed a little bit of surface rust on the half moon tensioning offset ring so evidence some moisture did get in somewhere in the past).

The horizontal cover has a bit of a flanged end that mates with the lower vertical cover but no such thing between the two vertical covers. Also noticed that movable pulley is pretty close to the covers but I didn't see any evidence of rubbing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts