Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
what is it?? looks like a butchered 1098/1198, or Streetfighter, with a shitty exhaust, and a different tank and tail.

Reactions: VJ020

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
12,892 Posts
Double Dog type exhaust, MV Augusta F3 tail, some sort of snorkels on the tank on some sort of Ducati. Think I'll pass.

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
1098 cylinder/heads on air cooled cases. Hmmm, wasn't that done once? :confused:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Peoples, its just a photo shop of some Idea I have its butchered together because im no good at photo shop.

Basically This is the next bike I want to build for my self. It is a 1098 /1198 platform with what will be a stock gas tank with either ram air tubes coming up through it like the Bimota that used the TL1000 motor. or a roots 1:1 blower for looks and to give it ram air. As for the Double Dog EX. yes it is, but 10yrs eirler in 06 I made that same exhaust and put it on a Monster where it won best Monster in show in 06 a Ducati Daytona Day. (pic below) I am thinking about using a Aprilia RS250 tail too, And here are some pics to show you my original exhaust and another type of ram air.
I posted this up here for constructive criticism and if you dont like it then tell me how you would do it and what you would change.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I think you were doing a show bike soon right OP?
If yes, I'd rather make my own tail section using the mold/shape that you had the idea for
If you could, merge the air intake into the tank like on the sides (look up the Harrier hub steering bike) OR merge the snorkel next to the headlight (literally next to/molded next to the headlights) and also, the head light, i'd use the long LED head lights and form it into some sort of shape or just have them configured like the confederate series
I would also, merge the exhaust into the tail section-where the vents are or u can do center exhaust and turn signals/brake lights on the vents.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Oh i see....well in that case i guess it depends on why you're doing it for? If it's for a show bike or just cuz you're bored and want to piece multiple bikes together into a Frankenstein bike, then go for it. If it's for a track bike, don't mess with it. What's the point? Just get a bike (whatever you want), put track fairings on it, get some performance parts and be done with it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you were doing a show bike soon right OP?
If yes, I'd rather make my own tail section using the mold/shape that you had the idea for
If you could, merge the air intake into the tank like on the sides (look up the Harrier hub steering bike) OR merge the snorkel next to the headlight (literally next to/molded next to the headlights) and also, the head light, i'd use the long LED head lights and form it into some sort of shape or just have them configured like the confederate series
I would also, merge the exhaust into the tail section-where the vents are or u can do center exhaust and turn signals/brake lights on the vents.
Thank you I like those ideas I am thinking about a flat track # plate with the ram air coming from there. with a HID in the center. one small one large stacked. and another option for the tail is something like the one on my avatar, but with a flat bottom and a domed top coming to a point at the rear.
In the end the finished product is going to speak clearer then this Photo shop stuff lol and eventuality it will probley be a show bike, but its a bike just for me

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Oh i see....well in that case i guess it depends on why you're doing it for? If it's for a show bike or just cuz you're bored and want to piece multiple bikes together into a Frankenstein bike, then go for it. If it's for a track bike, don't mess with it. What's the point? Just get a bike (whatever you want), put track fairings on it, get some performance parts and be done with it.
No this is a bike just for me that I will probley show. but I want it like that. And most of my bikes are "frakenbikes" including the blue and silver monster that won first in Daytona and had the head of Ducati at that time ask to have his picture taken on it. lol sooo. (but im building it because i want a street thug type bike)

PS i am looking for a rashed and crashed up 1098 / 1198 to start this project, looking to buy in about 60 days.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
^ real nice..keep us update..with pics of course...Don't leave us hanging like ROKIT lol..his bike came out gorgeous and really different than what he had in mind..only found him on Instagram by accident

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Help me find a 1098 or 1198 smashed up and cheep. and ill have it redy for a ride and might bring it to the D.C. show IMS in Jan. all Ineed is a gauge cluster, motor, frame, swingarm forks and rims. AND it has to be CHEEP !!!lol

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Double dog and MV light just gotta go lol..
Low-slung bar is a must..How about no light, just a shield-type number plate like the old radical ducatis?
You can get a very cheap plastic plate and heat-molded the way you want.
I do like the initial plan with a pointy tail-as in if the front is pointy, the rear is pointy..vice versa with round shape.
Also, look into the trellis framed ish S4R SSSA.
That's what I would do if I had my own project

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I agree with donger...that exhaust has got to go. About the worst exhaust ever made for an 1198.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts