Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2007 MV Agusta Brutale 910R

A wicked bike to look at! It was very fast, loved to wheelie...

I HATED the way this bike rode...I only had this one for 3 months and about 300 miles, I just couldnt jive with the way it steered and handeled....

I DO NOT miss this bike....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about the watermarks on the photos, Im at a borrowed computer and all the photos are hosted on my local mc forum...

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive also had a 1989 Honda Hawk GT......it was my 1st street motorcycle. I do miss this one because it was my 1st and because its kinda reached cult status...wish i still had it

I owned a 2001 Suzuki GSXR750 for a few years. Great machine for what i did with it, twist the throttle. I had this bike for about 7000 miles, but this was before I knew how to turn a motorcycle...dont miss it even though is was a good bike.

2000 Honda CBR600 F4 trackbike. Owned this one for about 3 track seasons, this is the bike that taught me how to turn a motorcyce, I have fond memories of this bike, kinda miss it...

Also had another MV Agusta F4 1000, different than the one I posted the picture abouve, but that one only lasted me about 300 miles too, it was a rat, totally dont miss that one at all.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
This thread really makes me feel old. the bikes I miss date back to 1975, purchased them new...

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
My first bike was a 1975 KX125, first street bike was a 1984 750 Interceptor. One of the first true superbikes, at least for that era. They were used in the AMA superbike series.

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I'm a beat up 54 year old... only pain relief I really get is when I'm riding. Or course it still creeps in until I hit the rev limiter then it tends to fade for a bit.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
I still own my 86 GSXR Limited, 89 GSXR Limited, 89 FZR 400, 04 GSXR and my 08 848. The 94 GSXR was a dog. The 98 GSXR was nice but meh. My 82 Seca 550 Turbo blew up. My 85 Interceptor was a pig. My NS400 was fun but also a pig. My 92 ZX7RR was a great bike but some asshole stole it and wrecked it. My CBR 600F3 was boring. My Ducati 696 was cute but couldn't compare to the 848.

I still own the bikes that inspired me the most. The rest I don't miss.

·
Registered
262 Posts
For the longest time I didn't think I missed it. Sold it two and a half years ago now. But I sent an email last week to the guy I sold her to let him know that if he's ever planning to sell, contact me first. I don't know what I would do with it considering my 999 already has more HP than what is probably smart to learn with on the track. But I don't care, I still want it back.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 1st ever was a 1974 Honda XR75....

It was in 1979 when I got it....
Learned on a 1971 Honda Mini Trail that my dad bought. 40 years later he still has it and I still take it for spins around his neighborhood from time to time.

Bought my first bike in 1979 with lawn mowing money, Honda XR75 as well. Think it was a 1974 or 1975. Silver metal tank and fenders. Wish I still had that one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
hmmm, of all my old bikes…… a 75 honda 500 twin. did alot of miles and had loads of fun. was so easy to work on and did everything well, for a bike of that era. oddly had kick start and electric too.gee, guess i am old !

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
my 2005 MV Agusta F4 1000S monoposto

The fastest bike Ive ever owned...man the accelleration!!

I miss this bike. I still know where it is and speak to the owner a few times a year. Ive made him promise to sell it back to me when hes done with it :)
That MVA F4 is a beautiful bike..

Are the overheating issues as bad as people say?

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
That MVA F4 is a beautiful bike..

Are the overheating issues as bad as people say?
Yes and no. In general, the bike runs hotter than your typical Japanese or even the Ducati (899 and 1x99 excluded). There are some things you can do to minimize the impact though. MV provided an updated water impeller, some aftermarket fan blades (to replace the plastic ones that tend to melt) as well as modifying the ECU to turn the fans on earlier.

But it certainly isn't a city bike....but then again....which super bike really is...

·
Administrator
2,954 Posts
My first bike was a '74 Yamaha DT250A Enduro. In less than a year, I bought my friend's '74 Norton 850 Commando Interstate. When that got totaled out from under me, I got a 76 RD400, new...which I turned into a monoposto 'cafe racer'. I miss the Norton...that torque is why I love the SuperHawk so much now. (But the Honda starts every time I hit the button....the Norton was blessed by Lucas. Enough said.) And I miss the RD. That's the bike that taught me aggressive cornering.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts