Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So recently I was trying to determine a name for my new love interest (848 evo) and the gf said its weird that I have names for all my vehicles. Is it weird or do you guys have good names for your vehicles.

·
Registered
564 Posts
What man doesn't name their toys? My BMW 316i coupe is Tina, my '93 Cobra clone is Staci (always loved that name), my '01 748s is Micheala (Carl Fogarty-the man who rode the 916 is records-after his wife), my 848 EVO is Bianca (derived from "blanche" or white-pertains because mine is white with the red frame/wheels) and my former Alfa Romeo GTV's name was Laura, after Laura Garello-Enzo Ferrari's mistress-applicable because he raced Alfa's before he established Ferrari. I try and make some sort of connection with the men and women behind the machines I play with.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I never thought about giving human names to machines, too much attachment for me. Imagine if I crashed "Wendy" and couldn't put her back together again, ohh the horror! LOL :D

I do have identifiers for my vehicles, little 'nicknames' of sorts. Like my dirt bikes are "thumper", "big pinger" and "little pinger". My car is "Z" and my last street bike, well it already had a human name so it stuck; "Duke".

·
Registered
112 Posts
I never thought about giving human names to machines, too much attachment for me. Imagine if I crashed "Wendy" and couldn't put her back together again, ohh the horror! LOL :D
Yeah, I generally consider them consumables. :D

·
Registered
438 Posts
No name yet but messin around with changing out parts some times I call her... purely out of frustration of course.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I named her the black mamba

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Bella for obvious reasons. And long before those stupid teen vampire novels. Called my shop the day I saw the 1098 hit the Paris show, took delivery of Bella in '07.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I still have not named my bike,. Both of my cars are named and I named them shortly after I get them..., I'm having a hard time with my new baby

·
Registered
564 Posts
Somebody already posted, but my 848evo is Francesca as well. my rifle in the Army was affectionately known as Bitch
haha! My rifle was Diana, after my Puerto-Rican ex; both sleek, sexy, scary as hell and capable of inflicitng large amounts of pain and damage upon others.

Reactions: Grandpa_Bambu
1 - 20 of 54 Posts