Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the middle of installing Ohlins rear shock...everything was going surprisingly well until the the exhaust got in the way of allowing the swingarm to drop.

As im disconnecting the exhaust and removing the flapper valve (i think its the flapper valve? the coiled spring held on by 12mm nut and cable that wraps around and goes to front of the bike?)

Anyway will I need to reinstall this or can I just ditch it?

I have Akra slip ons with DP Ecu..

·
Registered
110 Posts
You have to cut open the exhaust to remove the valve itself. The external bit is just the actuating wheel and return spring. If you remove that alone the valve will just be loose with the potential to rotate with every bump in the road.

Unless your removing the valve as well I would leave the spring etc in place.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just reinstalled the clock spring minus the cables. Ditched the servo unit and all. The spring holds it open. Also I saw a video on here somewhere showing when and how the servo functioned during use. Surprisingly it only seemed to actuate to close the valve over just a few hundred rpm around the notorious mid range dip and it was like on or off. I thought it modulated much more and more often but the video made a case to the contrary. The valve stays completely open across practically the entire rpm range. Emissions farkle... Bin it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts