Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting another Duc when I get back to the states so I was browsing the current lineup and it seems like Ducati is starting to step on it's own toes as far as performance and pricing. A monster 821 is cited as $11,495 with 112hp but if I drop just 2k more (13,495) I could get a 1200 with 135hp and a bunch more trick bits (SSSA, color display, adjustable suspension) but at that very same cost could get an 848SF with 132hp but lacking the electronic tidbits except TC. Maybe it's just me but they all seem so closely matched that it confuses the hell out of me as to what I'd actually buy. What say you? Or am I just crazy and overthinking?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plain vanilla, that's funny you put that because what I reaaallly want is an F3 800. I'm trying to take a logical approach for my 2nd bike as I already have an 848 EVO. I know a standard would be much better for my daily riding I do...but damn that F3 is pretty.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stu, there's 3 things that rule out a Tuono for me- lack of dealer support, they're so damn thirsty and I would never want a liter bike; they're just too much. If Aprilia made a 750 v4 I'd be pressed to get over the other faults.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dragster is damn sexy Donger! I'm a fan of triples, haven't ridden an MV triple but the Triumph piece I've rode was a great engine.

·
Registered
12,892 Posts
I had the privilege of riding the Dragster the other night at our local Bike Night and dayuuuuuuum is that thing fun!! Remove the funny rear fender and that thing is right sexy!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm jealous [email protected]! How'd you like the engine and is the RBW as bad as all the reviews make it out to be?

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
12,892 Posts
The engine is fine. It's like a Daytona 675 on steroids. 800cc is such a nice size. The triple is such a unique sound but the exhaust on it is pretty quiet. A nice aftermarket with some bark would really make the experience that much better. I didn't get a long ride on it so I can't comment on it's short comings. The look alone is pure sex!! I find the full fairinged F3 a sexy bike but the Dragster is both sexy and brutal looking. Riding position is quite good too. You feel "in" the bike rather than on it like a lot of naked bikes.

·
Registered
226 Posts
848 Streetfighter in black. Since you have an evo best of both worlds.

Reactions: white_duc89

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
848 Streetfighter in black. Since you have an evo best of both worlds.
The only thing that concerns me with that would be how similar the bikes would feel. Make no mistake, the SF is damn sexy but I'd like a enough of a feel to be like "hmmm, do I want to tear up some canyons today (so, take the EVO) or am I just going to cruise a bit (take the other bike).

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have not ridden a SF yet, but I imagine it would be more comfortable then an 848 it depends on what you want? I also really like the 1098 S SF just for the motor alone. Never been a huge fan of the Monster, though style wise they look a lot nicer then they did in the 90's. See if you can demo one?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts