Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Good news. So much for the Suzuki sillies!!! Dovizioso has earned another two seasons with Ducati! Wonder if Ducati will field three entries!!!!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Don't know that the rules will allow for 3 bikes in a team any more. Iannone will have to race under the Pramac banner still. Talk id he's getting a huge pay rise ( he's already a Corse rider remember, not a Pramac employee ) full factory support and may also run in the same livery as the factory ( which will be dependent on fitting in sponsors I expect )

Ducati are rightly making big noise about Dovi resigning but they are putting too much 'good news' spin on Crutchlow staying. Not what many fans wanted to hear.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
^^^ I would be very surprised to see Crutchlow with "The Team" next year, although, as I understand, he is under contract. Seems I remember a two year deal, maybe no one is interested in a buy-out, ie... Ducati is "stuck"!!!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
^^^ I would be very surprised to see Crutchlow with "The Team" next year, although, as I understand, he is under contract. Seems I remember a two year deal, maybe no one is interested in a buy-out, ie... Ducati is "stuck"!!!
Done deal mate.

Edit:// Ducati didn't need to have any 'buy out'. Cal was free to leave as per the terms of his contract and Ducati were free to terminate under a similar clause. I'd heard that was going to happen ( the latter ) but it seems a deal to accommodate Iannone has been reached so the status quo was the sensible option.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Begs the question,... Why didn't the latest announcement include Cal???

Because it's all coming out of World Ducati week. There are no official announcements. MotoGP covered the fact that Dovi announced he was staying earlier today and Cal has recently just announced that he's also staying. Ducati have not put anything out officially.
But that's always the case at WDW. I can barely get my sister to respond to my mails. All mails I've sent to the press office this week remain unanswered. People are too busy, having fun or full of Prosecco ;)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts

The press conference started just over an hour ago and has been going on as this thread developed, so it was hitting social media before it made it into any Journo's copy.

Normally i have a scopp, at least one at this time of year. I said Dovi was staying barring a brain tumour but i definitely thought Cal was gone for no other reason than they needed to fit Iannone in. Seems they fixed that so all good, I guess.

My guess is that Iannone is on Cal's bike 2016 and that Ducati have decided to put up with his shit for another year. I would also expect he's eating some humble pie and might say a little less in public next year. His twitter feed has already become "managed" recently.

But i've been wrong a lot already :)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Gotta wonder what's gonna happen with Crazy Joe now, though. Will the factory run a 3 rider team for him?
I'm hearing new contract. Full factory support ( although it's not been far off that now ) and factory livery. I don't know the rules on 3 bike teams currently. I thought it was not allowed. But the idea is getting traction in comments elsewhere.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
well so far for my prediction...was hoping to see Espargaro on the Ducati.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
well so far for my prediction...was hoping to see Espargaro on the Ducati.
I am with you...
Another year and a half listening to Cal? I was thinking that "Joe" was going to be on the main team with Dovi..
See how it sorts out...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts