Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just put a down payment on a new 2014 Hyper SP. Hope to get it next Friday. I have not seen the operator's manual yet. I hope someone can answer a few newbie questions. What weight oil does it use from the factory? Will it come with mineral or synthetic? Is a 1000k service required like a Japanese bike? Can it be run on 97? Any comments appreciated.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The first service is at 621 miles or 1000km, after that the service is 9000 miles or 15000km. As for the oil, its more than likely going to be a full synthetic as Ducati suggests that in all the bikes. Is 97 the lowest or highest grade gas where you are at? If its the lowest, the bike can be run on it but performance and gas mileage will suffer a bit. If 97 is the highest, or premium, then it will not hurt the bike and Ducati suggest premium pump gas be used for best performance and mileage.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first service is at 621 miles or 1000km, after that the service is 9000 miles or 15000km. As for the oil, its more than likely going to be a full synthetic as Ducati suggests that in all the bikes. Is 97 the lowest or highest grade gas where you are at? If its the lowest, the bike can be run on it but performance and gas mileage will suffer a bit. If 97 is the highest, or premium, then it will not hurt the bike and Ducati suggest premium pump gas be used for best performance and mileage.
Hi, Thanks. I can run it on 104 most of the time. I am thinking of road trips, where higher octain gas is not available. Manual states 15w50 Shell synthetic. I believe my dealer uses Motul.

I love the bike. Still working on breakin and will have my 1000km service next week. I am a little frustrated by the front brakes. I have to pull the leaver quite far/deep before they grab. About 1/2 - 5/8" or so. The dealer said this is normal. They are still powerfull. Do you know anything about the front brakes on the SP?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts