Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
So you're telling me this isn't clustered and fault tolerant? /end sarcasm. Glad everything came back up fine, I need my Ducati.org fix :)

·
Administrator
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trust me, I was wondering the same thing. Here's some answers to questions that were posed to the datacenter... plus some information

1. ATSs are pieces of equipment and can fail as equipment sometimes does, which is why we do 2N power in the facility in case the worst case scenario happens.

2. There is no problem with the electrical grid in Dallas or the heat in Dallas that caused the issue.

3. Our website and one switch were connected to two PDUs, but ultimately the same service entrance. This was a mistake that has been corrected.

4. Bypassing an ATS is not a simple fix, like putting on jumper cables. It is detailed and hard work. Given the size and power of the ATS, the safety of our people and our contractors must remain the highest priority.

5. Our guys are working hard. While we all prepare for emergencies, it is still quite difficult when one is in effect. We could have done a better job keeping you informed. We know our customers are also stressed.

6. The ATS could be repaired, but we have already made the decision to order a replacement. This is certainly not the cheapest route to take, but is the best solution for the long-term stability.

7. While the solution we have implemented is technically a temporary fix, we are taking great care and wiring as if it were permanent.

8. Colo4 does have A/B power for our routing gear. We identified one switch that was connected to A only which was a mistake. It was quickly corrected earlier today but did affect service for a few customers.

9. Some customers with A/B power had overloaded their circuits, which is a separate and individual versus network issue. (For example, if we offer A/B 20 amp feeds and the customer has 12 amps on each, if one trips, the other will not be able to handle the load.)

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Stock market going down again, I though you get hit really hard this morning unplug all the power cable on server LOL

·
Administrator
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stock market going down again, I though you get hit really hard this morning unplug all the power cable on server LOL
I thought about doing that!!! :ahhh::ahhh::ahhh:

You forgot the final step though. Hop on plane and fly to some remote island!

But then the datacenter beat me to it

·
Registered
105 Posts
Crazy. I'm at the same colocation and was in the group with the switch on A. I only had Internet connection issues for an hour and then I was back online.

Did it take 6-7 hours to get you guys back online?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts