Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First sorry for my English

My 09 ducati 848 sbk upgraded to ducati performance dry slipper clutch and it's work really well until now.
it's start to slip in the 1st gear, i ordered some friction plate from ebay(barnett) and it's not fit on too my clutch.
do you know what brand of the OEM DP friction plate and can i only change the friction plate to solve the problem.
or i need to change the steel plate too.

one last question
the spider spring always break and it not cheap. do you know why? and how to solve it.

thank you very much if you could answer my questions
sterno20 is online now Report Post

·
Registered
555 Posts
When a clutch starts to give up it will slip in the longer gears. Not first. Most likely something else is going on.
Ive not had good luck with Barnett friction parts. Although they make the best baskets available imo.
The DP clutch should use DP friction parts.
If the spider spring "keeps" braking the clutch is most likely assembled/installed incorrectly

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When a clutch starts to give up it will slip in the longer gears. Not first. Most likely something else is going on.
Ive not had good luck with Barnett friction parts. Although they make the best baskets available imo.
The DP clutch should use DP friction parts.
If the spider spring "keeps" braking the clutch is most likely assembled/installed incorrectly

thank you
what do you mean installed incorrectly. is that about the friction plate and steel plate layer?

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
I don't use Barnett clutch plates. I only use the OEM dry clutch assembly..in the same order...stack height 36.5mm..have used 40 mm...but not usually necessary.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Check the steel plates on a flat surface to see if they are warped...If they are flat, you can measure the thickness. Also you can buy the steel plates in different thickness to achieve a stack height of 36.5 mm, which is the spec.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.