Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those of you with track/race 749/999s - are you dragging the kickstand often? I'm on stock Showa suspension with the 'stage 2' Section 8 setup right now with correct sag and I am dragging the kickstand occasionally. Is this normal or do I have suspension issues to attend to? Just looking for a point in the correct direction. :) Bike is a bone stock 749 (no swingarm or head tube adjuster) minus rearsets and SBK Pros.

·
Registered
226 Posts
999 stands are tucked up pretty well. I'd say if you're dragging its definitely time to remove it and put the bike on paddock stands for track days. If you haven't sprung the bike for your weight its about time to do that too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I weigh 175 without gear, which should make the fork springs bang-on stock - rear is weak and should be 8.5kg/mm. I've got proper rear sag but have very little preload left to add... that said I am in the process of going down to ~160lb.

I am on a budget so I will be waiting for a 749R shock + linkage to pop up. I'm already sitting on 848 front forks with an Ohlins 20mil kit in them and I plan on swapping my frame out for a 999 one from eBay to gain the head tube angle adjuster.

Guess I'll pull the kickstand for now. :)
Thanks

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The 749/999 likes lower ride height, I dragged my pegs constantly on that bike. So yea, just yank the side stand, it's easy enough. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've never dragged the kickstand and you should prob remove it or find out why you're dragging it. Are you getting off the bike as much as you can to minimize your lean angle? I'd start with that and I wont get into the section 8 set up but just know that lowering the bike in the front will probably make this a bigger issue for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts