Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 696 isn't starting. This past Sunday, I poured two gallons of fuel in via gas can. When I started it up on Monday morning, it ran for two seconds and dies. I siphoned out the two gallons and put three gallons into the tank via a new gas can. It's still doing the same thing. I push the starter button and it chugs but no start. I'm thinking something is blocking the fuel line somewhere but I can't see it from the outside. Is there access to the fuel line somewhere so I can empty the tank again? Siphoning only gets gas from the main tank. Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's running now. I talked to some of the guys at the dealership I got it from. One suggested that I try starter fluid. I ended up shooting some starting fluid into the air intakes and started the bike. It ran but it wouldn't stay running without the enricher on. Even then it kept dying. But, I got a check engine light. Code was PKUP. After looking that up and seeing various fixes, I backed the bike up and started it. Leaving the enricher lever on, I put it in gear and tried moving forward. After doing this twice, the problem cleared up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts