Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing a new slipper clutch on my 1098 and now I'm having a problem. This is the newer design that deletes the spider spring. Part number FA4M02. The clutch is in permanent slip mode! I followed the instructions precisely, and installed the Ducabike plates as well.

I bled the clutch too. The stack height is just a touch over 38.5mm. I have the yellow "track" springs installed.

Below are pics with the clutch engaged and disengaged and the stack height. Also is the vid of me turning the rear wheel in 1st gear...

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Well, first thing to do is rule out the hydraulics. So simply take the slave cylinder off the bike and see how it works. If it doesn't change, then it's a problem with the assembly. If it does change, then it's a problem with the hydraulics.

So if it's a problem with the assembly, most likely pressure plate isn't going in far enough. This could be for many reasons, the biggest is the hub being spaced too far out. So maybe it's the washer behind the hub, or perhaps the hub itself isn't settling into its normal running position.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
VFR- May I inquire where you obtained this item from sir?

Have you attempted to contact ANYONE for tech support on this yet and what sort of reply did you receive from them? This may help.

Also, where are you located too and who is the most notable Ducati Service Tech in your area just "in case" bro?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VFR- May I inquire where you obtained this item from sir?

Have you attempted to contact ANYONE for tech support on this yet and what sort of reply did you receive from them? This may help.

Also, where are you located too and who is the most notable Ducati Service Tech in your area just "in case" bro?
I got it from Brian at Citta Corsa. He called me earlier tonight and we seem to think the stack isn't thick enough. He's sending me a couple more steel plates to see if that makes a difference.

Improper stack height seems to be the consensus...I happened to run into Cory from Motostation and he agrees. Plus you can tell that the pressure plate is barely making contact...there really isn't a mark on it where the pack makes contact.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I can't tell via the pictures if the pressure plate is hitting the clutch plates. You'd have to shove a piece of paper in there to really tell picture wise.

38.5mm stack isn't too bad. Adding a 1mm may make it work, but it should work with what you've got.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Cool. Brian is one truly stand up guy and good friend of mine. He will make sure it'll work right for you come hell or high water. His word mean everything tohim. All know he was gone for awhile which totally puzzled n worried me. But after talking w him about it all its an absolutely tragic story guys. Unbelievably sad and heartbreaking- therefore nothing about parts n his sales matter a dam thing based on this. But he WILL make it all right I'm sure! I'll even talk w him tomorrow and ask what's up w that thing ok, and I don't even know you my friend. It's all about helping each other in this world.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't tell via the pictures if the pressure plate is hitting the clutch plates. You'd have to shove a piece of paper in there to really tell picture wise.

38.5mm stack isn't too bad. Adding a 1mm may make it work, but it should work with what you've got.
I'm retarded. If you look at the pic you'll see that I forgot how to read a caliper...

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
i like how the gauge says shock-proof but the glass is cracked;) on the 1198 that pack thickness would be under spec for sure. not sure about the 1098 but it sounds like you are on the right track. good luck.

ps. i only chimed in because i had to change the pack on my bike just last weekend...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.