Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just doing a quick poll on WET slipper clutches to see what everyone is running and why they like that brand. I'll be going from OEM clutch to slipper here shortly. I've seen the ducabike in the mid 500 price range and EVR in the 700, the STM seems to run higher at the 1k mark. So if anyone has some leads on any deals please speak up.

Have at it.
:BoomSmilie_anim: :rlwhore:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just by my own research I don't see anything different between the different manufacturers other than color and logos on the clutch. The options for different springs and adjustable springs seem to all be on the dry clutch, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Each of the kits seem to use the oem basket and the kit looks to be a "drop in" kit and all I should need special tool wise is a clutch basket tool, again correct me if I'm wrong.

One thing I like about ducabike and EVR is, at least on the sites I've seen, there are plenty of replacement parts available so I'm not having to by a whole kit just for new springs etc, however it would seem to me that most those parts would be interchangeable, <----- add advice/ corrections as needed.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doubt you have done any actual research.
thats why research is a great loose term, Yes my research to date has included talking to the Dealer who pushed DP. Searching through multiple online vendors whom do not put up more information than: "Eliminates rear wheel hop on corner entry improving stability, traction, lap times and safety."

Which is why Im currently on my research poll to get other opinions from users.

thanks for the STM referral.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Ducabike is for the bling.
My experiences coming into T3 or T12 at Brainerd, or downhill into T5 or into the kink at Road America, or at the entrance corner and end of the back straight of COTA suggest that the DucaBike slipper is more than simply just "bling".

-Christian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.