Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!!
I'm not sure where to post this, but I would like you to know this new app. It is an application-catalog of all Ducati models from the 80's to present, with all characteristics (displacement, horsepower, torque ...) and the description of many of them, that could be interesting for many people.

It also has pictures of all models, which can be downloaded in high resolution to the tablet or mobile, and it's FREE, of course!.

It is called Ducapp, and, as many of you have Ducatis, if you find any mistake on it, please tell me and I'll solve it.
Thank you!! L'sss

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Nice...
Maybe a U.S. version

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice...
Maybe a U.S. version
Sorry for the question but... how would it be like? With the price of the bikes in dollars and what else?... Thanks!

You left off the 1198S in your app.
It's true, although I make a remark about it on the description of the 1198, and it has its own image on the 1198 gallery, I should have made a model apart. Thank you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not available here state side. i just checked, not there
I can see there is already people in the US who have downloaded it... (7% of the total downloads) so... :confused:

Searching "ducapp" in the Android Play Store it appears the first one, and searching "ducati" its around 25th position...

Here it is the link:
Ducapp

Please tell me if you still can´t see it...

·
Registered
581 Posts
NO it is there in the US store. I've downloaded it. I think it would be great if you added small minor detail like stock tire size and oil weight. Just those small things where you ask yourself last minute like "This is the right one right???"

It would help people like me with multiple bikes.

Reactions: Mary#17

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NO it is there in the US store. I've downloaded it. I think it would be great if you added small minor detail like stock tire size and oil weight. Just those small things where you ask yourself last minute like "This is the right one right???"

It would help people like me with multiple bikes.
I'll take note of that point, and in next update I may include some more details, thank you!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
$ amounts for pricing
Technical specifications in inches/feet
Weight in pounds

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
  • $ amounts for pricing
  • Technical specifications in inches/feet
  • Weight in pounds
Dollars for pricing is ok, but I've read that in US you already used cubic cm for engine capacity... should I use instead cubic inches?
About torque, should I use also lb-ft?

For weight... I already use kilograms(kg) and pounds(lb):confused:

Thank you!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I can see there is already people in the US who have downloaded it... (7% of the total downloads) so... :confused:

Searching "ducapp" in the Android Play Store it appears the first one, and searching "ducati" its around 25th position...

Here it is the link:
Ducapp

Please tell me if you still can´t see it...
not everyone has the luxury of having an android. but its not itunes or whatever they call their smug app place

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not everyone has the luxury of having an android. but its not itunes or whatever they call their smug app place
Sorry, I'm spanish and I didn't catch that... do you mean android devices are expensive? I don't think so... I have a HTC Desire wich I bought 3 years and a half ago for about 40 dollars new and still works great... :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think he means that he can't find the app in the iTunes appstore. Have you written it for Apple devices too?
Oh, thank you..
No I haven't... I can't afford a Mac and the Apple developer anual suscription just for a hobby...

This is the requirements comparison:

Android: Any PC (mine is already 4 years old, almost 5), and 25$ developer suscription, forever. Is also recommendated any Android test device (my main test device is my old HTC).

Apple: A Mac with the latest IOS update, so an old Mac is not enough, and 100$ anual developer suscription. Is also recommendated an iPhone/iPad.

I know objective-c (IOS programming language) so I could do it, but...

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Power should be listed as HP for U.S.

Torque in Ft lbs

For some reason I thought I seen the bikes dimensions IE. wheel base seat height in metric must have been thinking of somewhere else

Love the app...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sorry, I'm spanish and I didn't catch that... do you mean android devices are expensive? I don't think so... I have a HTC Desire wich I bought 3 years and a half ago for about 40 dollars new and still works great... :confused:
my job put me in an iphone and ipad due to its security (we run alot of credit cards) and since they pay for everything and i can use it for personal use.

I think he means that he can't find the app in the iTunes appstore
$.99 adds up pretty quick.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
He did it for Android because it's the best! Fuck Apple!

Also, since it's for Ducati, which is an Italian company, the SI system for units should be used. Hell even the service manual is all metric. Convert America to SI one app at a time :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Power should be listed as HP for U.S.

Torque in Ft lbs

For some reason I thought I seen the bikes dimensions IE. wheel base seat height in metric must have been thinking of somewhere else

Love the app...
I didn't mention HP as it is almost the same as CV (1 HP = 1,013 CV), but in a future update I could include it. Thank you very much!!

my job put me in an iphone and ipad due to its security (we run alot of credit cards) and since they pay for everything and i can use it for personal use.
Apple really took care about the apps uploaded to the app store some years ago, but that has changed a lot... I know approved IOS apps on the APPStore that are webviews (only a browser showing a web page as it was a native app), so those are really vulnerable... some years ago they didn't let those kind of apps.

$.99 adds up pretty quick.
Sorry, I didn't catch that...

He did it for Android because it's the best! Fuck Apple!

Also, since it's for Ducati, which is an Italian company, the SI system for units should be used. Hell even the service manual is all metric. Convert America to SI one app at a time :D
I'm trying to satisfy the interests of most of people who can download it, so SI system is not enough... ;) The worse part is that I haven't even translated it to italian language!! :banghead:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've been recently fired from my job (find a good job here in Spain is not an easy task...) so I could spend more time on the application and make all the changes I was asked to do (by now , because I have more things in mind) .

These are the NEWS:

In addition to revising some data, I have included some new models, like:

All F1 , Paso, Indiana, several models of 748, 916 and 996, some more like the 1198S or 750sport, new models like the Panigale 899, monster 1200, monster 1200S and the Panigale R Superleggera (currently there are 122 Ducati models documented in the application).

I have included new images, for example in special editions of the Panigale, some of the 20th anniversary Monster or the multiple models of the Sport Classic ...

Now comes the most striking developments in this version:

Each model has or will have an associated video (reproduced by pressing on the "Watch video" button in the model data window), so that without leaving the application, you are able to see it ( for example in the Monster 620 you can see an example) .

Also, there are already models with its engine sound, for example in the Diavel "base", by clicking on the "Moto sound" button , you will be able to listen to it ( the quality of the speakers of phones isn't very good , but not bad) .

And finally , what has taken me longer:

Now, the application checks what's new in the catalog, or if there are new pictures of any model, and it updates the info automatically. This way you can see the new models as they are announced when you open the application, without doing anything else .

This improvement allows me to continue updating information such as new videos, sounds, images or fix any error in the descriptions of the models, so that you always have the information updated without having to update the application (in fact I still have to include some models), all you 'll have to do is exit the application normally and re-enter from the main screen ( the "Search Ducati models" button) to have info updated .

I also managed to set the application even lighter!

I'm updating the price in dollars and torque in pounds-feet too.

Hopefully you like this update and you know, if you see something that you consider incorrect or you would like to include more features, please tell me! ;)

I hope you have been able to understand my application upgrade description!:banghead:

Thank you very much, and best regards!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts