Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before run is with arrow slipon's and dp slipon ecu. After run is with arrow slipon's and custom map. Thanks Mark. I hope that image is not too large. If so sorry, don't know how to resize.

·
Registered
70 Posts
so this begs another question:

does the ecu come with mapping software and an interface with the ecu so you can fine tune at various rpm's on the spot and make another run....smooth out the air/fuel ratio by load rpm...same for ignition....this would be great...make it easy to build a really good fuel/ignition map???

Thanks

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out www.microtec.cc

They are the people that made the nemesis. With the basic software you get a selection of maps for different bikes and then you can make adjustments to fine tune the injection and ignition. Their is an autotune system available for the ecu that allows you to map both cylinders at the same time using dual widebands and the wideband controller with the professional software. I will be adding the autotune option next month. I think that with autotune you can set 3 different target a/f ratios per cylinder and ride it on the road or dyno and it comes up with the adjustments needed to get it on target. I think then you accept the changes and write it to the ecu. Im not sure on all the things this unit can do, but if you need to know dont hesitate to ask Mark or email microtec and they will respond after the month long holiday in italy. My microtec M197 replaced my ducati performance slipon ecu.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hhmmmmm---i have the race ecu and full termis (R model) I know the big leagues pegram etc are running different (factory ecu's...id just like to be able to tune/map the thing and still have all the other "stuff" (TC/etc) still workin????

Thnaks for the info

·
Registered
93 Posts
Awesome!! I inquired about the auto-tune stuff, but its a bit pricey for the time being. I wonder If I mark could get close on my setup, which is virtually identical? Im close to pulling the trigger but was waiting for more people to get them in their hands and installed.

Louis

·
Registered
11,004 Posts
I was told yesterday that a local Sydney guy has his 1198 dyno'd and it's pulling 180hp at the rear wheel... is running a DP ECU and full Termi system...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was told yesterday that a local Sydney guy has his 1198 dyno'd and it's pulling 180hp at the rear wheel... is running a DP ECU and full Termi system...

This same bike that pulls 180 rwhp on this dyno, might pull 150 or 200 on someone elses dyno. You can take the same bike to 10 different dynos on the same day, same city and get 10 different readings. They are best to be used as tuning tools. Before and after mod runs done on same day same dyno. Don't get caught up in the numbers. Tune the bike to run as best as possible with the best rideability and take it out and ride the hell out of it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome!! I inquired about the auto-tune stuff, but its a bit pricey for the time being. I wonder If I mark could get close on my setup, which is virtually identical? Im close to pulling the trigger but was waiting for more people to get them in their hands and installed.

Louis

What's your setup? Im sure that he could get you close, and then you can fine tune it to your liking.

·
Registered
11,004 Posts
This same bike that pulls 180 rwhp on this dyno, might pull 150 or 200 on someone elses dyno. You can take the same bike to 10 different dynos on the same day, same city and get 10 different readings. They are best to be used as tuning tools. Before and after mod runs done on same day same dyno. Don't get caught up in the numbers. Tune the bike to run as best as possible with the best rideability and take it out and ride the hell out of it.
yes agree

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Oz, Tony Sandwich's 1198 pulled about 163-164hp with full Termi system & ECU at Ducati City Dyno in Melbourne.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts

+1.
I have been told the same thing by engine tuners also.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I noticed at the bottom it says your SAE was 1.05.... what is that figure??

I had mine Dyno'd last week and it shows 0.99 at the bottom and I got a considerably lower value than you did. Granted my dyno run shows my bike SUPER rich mixture... like off the chart rich starting at 3500rpm all the way up through 9k rpm. biggest dip though is from 3500-6k rpms where its below 10 air/fuel ratio (whatever that means.... I have no clue what this shiz means). The tech basically told me I'm getting robbed out of a LOT of power because of this. after that dip, it stays rich from 6k all the way through the rev range at a ratio of 11.5 - 12. the dashed line on the chart that was given to me is where it's "supposed" to be.... and it's at a ratio of 13.

Our scanner here screwed the pooch of course so I'm going to have to take a ghetto cell phone pic when I get home if I have time and upload it. basically... my numbers show:

Max Power=144.38hp
Max Torque=80.28ft lbs.

I understand it's difficult without visual aid to have input so I apologize. I'm just a little concerned since I was hoping for at LEAST above 150hp......

I'm glad I found a place that would at least give me a printout for cheap..... can't beat $38......

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
I noticed at the bottom it says your SAE was 1.05.... what is that figure??

I had mine Dyno'd last week and it shows 0.99 at the bottom and I got a considerably lower value than you did. Granted my dyno run shows my bike SUPER rich mixture... like off the chart rich starting at 3500rpm all the way up through 9k rpm. biggest dip though is from 3500-6k rpms where its below 10 air/fuel ratio (whatever that means.... I have no clue what this shiz means). The tech basically told me I'm getting robbed out of a LOT of power because of this. after that dip, it stays rich from 6k all the way through the rev range at a ratio of 11.5 - 12. the dashed line on the chart that was given to me is where it's "supposed" to be.... and it's at a ratio of 13.

Our scanner here screwed the pooch of course so I'm going to have to take a ghetto cell phone pic when I get home if I have time and upload it. basically... my numbers show:

Max Power=144.38hp
Max Torque=80.28ft lbs.

I understand it's difficult without visual aid to have input so I apologize. I'm just a little concerned since I was hoping for at LEAST above 150hp......

I'm glad I found a place that would at least give me a printout for cheap..... can't beat $38......
hmm...i just dont believe the numbers...my bike was always damn quick...but now...its kinda scary throttle respond...i will give it some more time and km as soon i have a few days off for sure i will run the shit out of her...its just too bad that we dont have a dyno here...i really would love to see my numbers...the bike just performs like never before...a fucken mazing!!!:smoking:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts