Ducati.org forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
oh yeah, I THOUGHT my bike ran like a CHAMP! lol. The throttle response is crazy and I don't feel the dip that's shown on the dyno but it's clear as day on there.....

I was under the assumption that the bikes ran 145hp stock...... I could be mistaken but that's what I thought. I know I only have a slipon and air filter but I figured it'd be a bit better than that....

It's probably an easy enough fix but like I said... I don't know enough about the numbers in the mapping to "change" stuff.....

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
oh yeah, I THOUGHT my bike ran like a CHAMP! lol. The throttle response is crazy and I don't feel the dip that's shown on the dyno but it's clear as day on there.....

I was under the assumption that the bikes ran 145hp stock...... I could be mistaken but that's what I thought. I know I only have a slipon and air filter but I figured it'd be a bit better than that....

It's probably an easy enough fix but like I said... I don't know enough about the numbers in the mapping to "change" stuff.....

well Draven..heads up mate...numbers are numbers and only numbers...the most important is how the bike feels like...i think you just should hook it up again and call Mark to guide you to the next level...the MT has almost endless posibilities though...
btw...i hope that dyno is kinda new instead of a leftover from Pearl Habour:D:D

eit...Den is the master in here and he offered me additional maps...just talk to him as well...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
I think that the map that Draven is using is one that I sent him from my bike, that I made using the auto tune device. The strange thing is that my bike runs strong everywhere in my rev range. The map is made to be no richer than 13.1 and no leaner than 13.8:1. The map also got rid of the strong smell of gas that I was getting all over my clothes when I went out for rides. Those smells started after ditching the stock cans and cats and adding the dp ecu. And the map was adjusted to help my bike start without cracking the throttle. The thing that boggles me a little is that I would think that anything richer than 10:1 would feel really soft and flat when you got on the gas. If you dont still have the map that was sent with the ecu for the 1198 I believe that I have it on my laptop and can send it to you. It should place all of your maps into a folder and you can pull them up once you press load and then mapping I believe. I don't have the program in front of me at the moment. Does the map feel better or worse performance wise compared to the map that was shipped in the ecu. I also sent the same map to someone with a full system and air filter and they said it was lean for their bike which I would expect because I only have slipons with stock air filter. Keep me posted and ill do whatever I can to try to help you. Im not a pro tuner but I do like to tinker. This goes to show that every bike has different requirements. Canned maps are only good at getting you in the ballpark.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Ok... finally got the pics done... sry for the delay.

I tried to upload them a bit ago and it crashed this PoS CPU lol so I had to restart.

I'm boggled by why it's running so rich since you and I have a very similar setup on the bikes, but like they say, no 2 bikes are the same.../shrug.

anywho... here are the printouts.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Ok... finally got the pics done... sry for the delay.

I tried to upload them a bit ago and it crashed this PoS CPU lol so I had to restart.

I'm boggled by why it's running so rich since you and I have a very similar setup on the bikes, but like they say, no 2 bikes are the same.../shrug.

anywho... here are the printouts.

pretty weird though...and you have 1198 right...
somehow I still dont trust these numbers...:confused:

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
yep, I have a 2009 1198. got 2300 miles on it.
hmm..i think if i had the chance to dyno mine it would come up to Elts # as shown in different thread...ill bet on it!...and your bike has lil more displacement...call Mark...im pretty sure its a easy fix..:stickpoke

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Guys, I have an 1198 now running a full termi system and a power commander pc5. I had the bike dynoed stock and it put out 150hp at the tyre. We then installed the full termi system, air filter and termi ecu and ran it up again to be a little disappointed with a 3hp increase - 153hp.

We then fitted the pc5 and could go in and fine tune the bike and pulled out another 10hp taking it to 163hp at the tyre!! Bike did seem to loose a little bit of low and low/mid response but picked up heaps in the mid/high and high rpm. Bike is a weapon on the track!!

The bike is back in the shop at the moment having a Microtec stand alone ecu fitted. Looking to get over 170hp at the tyre once this is done. I will post all dyno sheets from old and new runs in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Hi Guys, I have an 1198 now running a full termi system and a power commander pc5. I had the bike dynoed stock and it put out 150hp at the tyre. We then installed the full termi system, air filter and termi ecu and ran it up again to be a little disappointed with a 3hp increase - 153hp.

We then fitted the pc5 and could go in and fine tune the bike and pulled out another 10hp taking it to 163hp at the tyre!! Bike did seem to loose a little bit of low and low/mid response but picked up heaps in the mid/high and high rpm. Bike is a weapon on the track!!

The bike is back in the shop at the moment having a Microtec stand alone ecu fitted. Looking to get over 170hp at the tyre once this is done. I will post all dyno sheets from old and new runs in the next couple of days.
Very nice mods. If you have not done so already, contact Eltwin and get yourself a pair of enlarged air tubes to get more air in your system :)

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Very nice mods. If you have not done so already, contact Eltwin and get yourself a pair of enlarged air tubes to get more air in your system :)
+1...what a difference in air intake noise it makes is just impressive...very deep breathing noise..:D

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Marlon, Does eltwin sell the improved intakes?
i guess he has always 1 set ready as Waller have send him 2 sets...send him a PM though...

i have a in new condition set stockers ready to send to Elt for the mod if needed...
...mod is best bang for the buck..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks neda, at the moment the air tubes are stock. Spoke to Zak who is tuning my bike and he is going to wait for the new tubes until he tunes. Do you think it will make a difference in hp gain?

I have sent a pm to Eltwin about the air tubes mod. Thanks again mate.

·
Registered
726 Posts
on the dyno, probably not unless your shop has some serious fans going, but on the road I am sure that it will. The R, with the 70mm system, comes with open tubes. Use the search and read up posts on this topic, Eltwin (awesome dude) has posted a lot of very helpful information already

·
Registered
14 Posts
on the dyno, probably not unless your shop has some serious fans going, but on the road I am sure that it will. The R, with the 70mm system, comes with open tubes. Use the search and read up posts on this topic, Eltwin (awesome dude) has posted a lot of very helpful information already
got pm back from Eltwin and he is happy to modify the air tubes!! I am express posting them up to him today and he said it will be a couple of days. Eltwin said that the bigger tubes are good for another 5hp at the wheel on the dyno!! Mate he is a great bloke and knows heaps about this!

We are actually having a problem with the microtec ecu. Has anyone else had an issue with the water temp sensor not registering through the new ecu?? Zak is looking into it, thinks the computer might have a fault...

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
got pm back from Eltwin and he is happy to modify the air tubes!! I am express posting them up to him today and he said it will be a couple of days. Eltwin said that the bigger tubes are good for another 5hp at the wheel on the dyno!! Mate he is a great bloke and knows heaps about this!

We are actually having a problem with the microtec ecu. Has anyone else had an issue with the water temp sensor not registering through the new ecu?? Zak is looking into it, thinks the computer might have a fault...
the only problem ive had was the idle speed settings on map 1...low was 1800 rpm and high was 1350...just took 3 min to revert it...did you check all parameter settings?

·
Registered
14 Posts
the only problem ive had was the idle speed settings on map 1...low was 1800 rpm and high was 1350...just took 3 min to revert it...did you check all parameter settings?
Apparently they have been through all the settings but cant fix it. Just had a call though, new computer is in and the water temp is working!! Must have just been a dodgy computer. Said it might be a problem with the firmware??

I will let me know about the idle settings too. Thanks

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Are you saying that the R comes with the tubes opened up from stock?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts

Who is doing your tuning for you?

21 - 40 of 62 Posts