Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working on the bike when it fell over on its left side not very hard I tried to catch it falling and softened the fall a bit but now there's a big problem I picked the bike back up checked it out and shifter was bent inward quite a bit. Let it sit then turned it on everything pops up on the display as it should but the neutral light wont come on and when I try start it as soon as I push the bottom the lights turn off and nothing happens I can start it holding in the clutch and it starts fine but then the oil light came on as well as the yellow light with the triangle and exclamation point. This can't be good. Anybody have any insight as to what this might be??

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
What were you doing when it fell over? Does it have oil in it?

I mean, I've had some pretty bad crashes with my Ducati's and never experienced any of the issues you're describing. So backtrack a bit and see if you can remember doing anything between the last time the bike was working, to the time it fell over. My guess is, you forgot about something you did and thats why the lights are coming on.

But if not, I'd pull the left side fairing off and make sure there aren't any loose connections. The bent shifter lever is why you aren't getting it in neutral, no big deal, just need to replace it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts