Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not too sure where to put this, becuase I am actually looking for Ducati 996 RS engine or parts, but preferaby only from Australia, and I am looking for an expression of interest to find out where I can source parts as well.

I bought a bunch of 916 SPS parts from NZ a couple years back that cost an absolute fortune....and I am slowy collecting bits and peices to build a complete second engine. Budget isnt really an issue, but I would like to find someone in the know to talk about mixing and mathcing parts.

I am surmising 916 SPS barrels will work with my 916 SPS high comp pistions ( there both 98mm just not sure about teh heads interchangeability with my 996 heads) as the pistons are brand new, and I can get he barrels re-coated if need be and hone back down to size. I have titanium rods and new bolts ($800 for 4 new bolts, OUCH ! ) . SPS gear box, light flywheel, 916 SPS crank lightend, mached and balanced etc.. so pretty much have teh internals sorted for the most part.

I have been told I may have a set of complete RS heads available but yet to confim, however, i have brand new Titnium over sized valves n hand as well , so I know if i use stock heads, ill have to get the berilium seats put in new guides and wa slookign at a set of those fang dangle opners ad closers from teh USA but again teh price is horrendous at around $5000USD for teh full set..., I also have 916 SPS T2 cams, but I wouldn't mind a set of RS lumpy cams, in lieu of finding out if these RS heads come through or not.

Anyone out there built an RS spec or Hot SPS spec engine and have some advice ? price isnt a huge issue, but I don;t want to buy stuff for teh hell of it, ive already spent $45k on my bike its almost new apart from the engine itself and the frame.

I would buy a whole RS or ex Race engine with loom etc...that needs a rebuild that hasnt been completely lunched ! if someoen can point me to a sale would be great.

I often see St4 engines pop up that are no good for parts, I know the ST4S parts are compatible with 996 but little point soooping up that as the cases are an issue.

I would be happy if I could find a deepsump bottom end or cases under $4500 USD too tho !

let me know if you have anything, I would consider almost any parts or whoel engines.

The recipient bike is a 996 Biposoto originally, and I want to just ride this engine to it sdeath or until I have a new engine built to swap it out. Then I will rebuild that and have a rainy day project on the shelf.

Would also consider a 998 engine complete with a Carbs, l loom and ECU. let me know what you have.

cheers

Ryan

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So in addition to the above, i ended up findign a set of RS caeses from America, dont ask how much, it wa sa lot....
Anyway teh guy who sold them to me said years back he sold a lot of stuff to a guy in Perth who guys by the nam eof Hendo.....does anyone know thi sperson ? id like to contact him and find out if he ha sa few bits and oeices.. I also managed to find someone in Italy to locat eme some RS heads BNIB and osme cylinders, so now its really a matter of trying to get a few key parts, namely teh Magnesium oil sump extension and various parts of that assembly internally. other than that I have a bottom end and most of teh majaor parts.

Any help finding more part splease let me know....im happy to pay good $$$$ for the parts.

Cheers

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there, No I havent yet, but had considered contacting him direct, might even contact Andy form "Andy's Motorcycles" on youtubve from Hobart as he seems to have a good relation with him based on his videos. Just paid for my cases :-( its hurting LOL.... cheers

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so I have managed to find a few items around the globe and a couple of people have reached out so many thanks for that. I have nearly all the major parts now. the one part I Was worried about not finding was the magnesium deep sump extension and internal oil collector. Managed to find a brand new one... $1200 Euros... that hurt ! oh well...
Cheers

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I have some genuine RS parts ranging from 996 through to 1098 models. Nothing spectacular, just things like clutch springs, brand new slipper clutch, full set of sintered racing clutch plates, some titanium fasteners, belt rollers, pieces of carbon etc.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I sent you a PM . My guy here has a few contacts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey ElTwin thanks, PM me what you have and are willing to part with some prices wpuld be great. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts