Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ducati 999R factory forged aluminum wheels. Tires are not included, neither are rotors. These came off my 2005 999R I am parting out.

The wheels are in great shape minus some very few nicks here and there in the powder coat. They have 18XXX miles on them so please realize that while they are not mint (they have 18XXX mile after all) they are very, very clean, and unless you're within a few inches of the finish you would never know they had a single chip or blemish on them at all.

$1160 including shipping to the US. Buyer must pay PayPal fees or send money as friends and family.

My price on these is FIRM!

PM me if you want them!

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't say for certain (might want to Google it) but the rear is supposed to be around 5 lbs lighter and the front is supposed to be around 2.5 lbs lighter.

I might be a little off there, but that's what I gathered from some Google searches.

Anyone who has switched from the factory cast to the factory forged will tell you it's a very noticeable difference.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Huge difference I have raced with both, even on the rear coming across turn 9 at Roebling Road at 120mph you can feel the difference not only in the ease of turning but in the back end as the shock is dealing with less weight.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Huge difference I have raced with both, even on the rear coming across turn 9 at Roebling Road at 120mph you can feel the difference not only in the ease of turning but in the back end as the shock is dealing with less weight.
That's what I figured! I haven't tracked with them, but I rode a base model 999 on some back road 'spirited' riding and then rode the 999R shortly thereafter. It's instantly noticeable how much quicker the 999R turns in with the lighter weight wheels.

This goes without saying though. Anyone who knows anything about motorcycles should know that reducing rotating mass (i.e. reducing wheel weight) makes for an extremely noticeable difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.