Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've decided to sell my 750 97 Monster. I've had it for about 3 years and had a lot of fun on it but i'm more into streetbikes and track days now so i guess i'll have to move on.
I have never had this Monster on the track and it has no crashes on it. I have another bike!

It has currently 24721mi on it.
it's silver with black rims and black matt front fender and comes with seat coal which does currently not match the bike's color.

It comes with Ferraci carbon fibre exhaust, they SOUND AMAZING!!!!! :)) people always turn their heads when they hear it and i get lots of compliments...
Original Pipes come with the bike too, and the original turn signals and the bigger rear fender.
I did NOT cut off the Frame!!

It has barracuda mirrors (carbon style) on it which make the bike look really sharp.

2 years ago:
- new battery (maintenance free/ gel)
- fuel sending unit
- valves adjusted
- carbs adjusted
- new brake and clutch fluid
- new rims, black powdercoated

around April 2013:
- Valves adjusted
- new timing belts
- carbs checked
- rebuilt forks, new seals and fluid etc
- new brake and clutch fluid

besides the above it has had regularly oil changes done every 2-3k miles

i just got it out of the ducati shop 2 weeks ago and they test rode it and adjusted the front forks a little bit. Everything has been done on that bike and i can provide all the maintenance history of the last 3 years (since i've owned it).

price: $3800

Shoot me a message if you're interested. i can send you pictures. (not sure how to post them on here)

The bike is in Indianapolis, Indiana. Test rides just if i have money in hands.

·
Registered
902 Posts
$3,800??

You can't expect to sell your 1997 750 with 24k miles with only 3 years of service records for that.

How about you put a realistic STARTING value...

Like $2,500

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
it's in great shape and i invested way over 2K into it into maintenance etc since i've had it. i put about 12k miles on it

besides that .. i didn't say that's my last price .. i need to start somewhere! & you don't need to buy it ;)

·
Registered
902 Posts
in excellent condition its worth about 2500 max, it doesn't matter if you put $5k into it.

I'm just letting you know that you should be realistic so that you get actual offers.

I never understood why people would jack up the asking price just to negotiate a huge discount to the amount they actually want for the bike.

Put the bike at a fair price and you will sell it much quicker and both parties will be satisfied.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Let the guy ask what he wants for it! Coming into a thread for something that you're not making an offer on, and telling the seller that it's only worth (less than asking price) is considered rude. The bike is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, if you're not that someone, then STFU!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts