Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so I haven't switched on my bike for about 3-4 months, and now when I try to switch it on, I hear this ticking sound from the front side and also the dash light keeps going on and off. I assumed it would be the battery being dead because I haven't switched it on for a very long time, but then how are the lights going on and off if the battery was dead? Also I tried hitting the ignition button, but it wont start up. Can anyone help me with this issue please, I'm not really sure what I must do. I have a video link that shows exactly what the issue is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Put it on a battery tender and get back up to 14.1 volts. The electronics drain the battery. I always have mine on a tender when not riding. I also never leave the kill switch on. Hope that helps.

Hello, so I haven't switched on my bike for about 3-4 months, and now when I try to switch it on, I hear this ticking sound from the front side and also the dash light keeps going on and off. I assumed it would be the battery being dead because I haven't switched it on for a very long time, but then how are the lights going on and off if the battery waas dead? Also I tried hitting the ignition
button, but it wont start up. Can anyone

help me with this issue please, I'm not really sure what I must do. I have a video link that shows exactly what the issue is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also vote for low battery. Charge it up and see what happens. What kind of battery? Lead acid, AGM, Lithium?

Hello, so I haven't switched on my bike for about 3-4 months, and now when I try to switch it on, I hear this ticking sound from the front side and also the dash light keeps going on and off. I assumed it would be the battery being dead because I haven't switched it on for a very long time, but then how are the lights going on and off if the battery was dead? Also I tried hitting the ignition button, but it wont start up. Can anyone help me with this issue please, I'm not really sure what I must do. I have a video link that shows exactly what the issue is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TGmeVp1zqI

1 - 3 of 3 Posts