Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Wow, this is huge! Wonder how long until Termi's are gone completely from the Ducati line up?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Lol how long before the termi whores on this forum are gone lol swearing by it like its gods favorite part for a motorcycle! Lol
I was thinking the same. I had the full Akrapovic System on my 1098 and the quality was flawless. I recall members supporting Termi's poor build quality as it was a racing fabricated part and for that reason being a rough build was acceptable...

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
ya no kidding...i bought Termi slip-ons and sold them a day after i got them and bought Akrapovic slip-ons. The quality of the carbon is definitely better.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Can I just point out that there is too much being made about this. Corse GP decided to go ahead with a different approach for the factory team for Misano. They have made no comment or announcement about it. The exhaust for Misano on the two GP factory bikes was developed by Akrapovic. There is no announcement as to whether that will remain on the bike going forward. No manufacturer decals were posted on the bike nor did Akrapovic have a statement.

The Pramac Ducati team continued to run the SC Project exhaust they have done for a couple of years. They have a further remaining 2 year contract with SC so nothing should change there.

Nothing the GP team does reflects the commercial side of Ducati's model. The special relationship with Termignoni S.p.A remains the same as it ever was. Model ranges will not alter at all and Ducati Shop will continue to exclusively offer Termignoni parts to dealers and customers alike.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Lol how long before the termi whores on this forum are gone lol swearing by it like its gods favorite part for a motorcycle! Lol
This is a bit harsh! I am one who has argued that MY Termis are well-made, and after 71,000 kms have given no problems at all. When I rebuilt my mufflers the carbon was fine, so it's good enough to do a lot of miles, with many track days.

The reality is that Termis were the only non-standard exhaust which didn't affect the warranty. We all know that Akrapovic make an excellent system - they just didn't meet the warranty requirements.

Doesn't make us "Termi whores.."

:confused:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
This is a bit harsh! I am one who has argued that MY Termis are well-made, and after 71,000 kms have given no problems at all. When I rebuilt my mufflers the carbon was fine, so it's good enough to do a lot of miles, with many track days.

The reality is that Termis were the only non-standard exhaust which didn't affect the warranty. We all know that Akrapovic make an excellent system - they just didn't meet the warranty requirements.

Doesn't make us "Termi whores.."

:confused:
In my world "termignoni" translates as excellence.
and "dude, why you got termis?" translates as "I can't afford those" :(

:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.