Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't suppose any one has a copy of fitting instructions for a Ducati performance steering damper by gubellini?

·
Registered
438 Posts
instructions to install a steering damper.

You don't need no stinking instructions.

I just installed a ohlins adjustable here are the steps I took.

step 1) slide the bracket onto the steering damper but don't tighten it down just yet.
step 2) attach the bracket and rod to bike. bracket to the triple tree, rod to the mounting point on right side.
step3) once installed slightly tighten the steering damper bracket(not to tight yet) then move the handlebars to the right and left.
step 4) look at the damper once you have full range of motion right and left tighten the bracket down. Then you adjust your new damper to your liking.

I use red loctite on the bolts.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Cul8er but these are abit different as I have to cut a notch in the key guard. It was advertised as plug and play. If you don't mind Dutch instructions or pics would be great. And why did you change it?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's makes a hell of a lot of sense now I couldn't find any pics of the key guard or where the arm goes thanks!! I think my plan of action is to attach it then I can kind of work out how to cut the key guard. It's carbon fibre though :( how do you find this damper at low speeds?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I was wondering why those were so expensive(DP damper). I can see why now all the extra pieces and key guard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts