Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the Ducati Performace Titanium Screw Sets that Ducati offered as an accessory for the Desmosedici RR. Does anyone know where I can find them?
Parts:
96629608B
96629508B

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Pro-Bolt sells their own versions of most every small fastener you can replace. Back in the day, TPO Parts made large items like engine bolts and swing-arm pivots in titanium as well. Alas they folded up a few years ago and no one took up their manufacturing capability.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
I don't think anyone missed the original question, it was only that the discussion had moved on to alternatives. I'm fairly certain Ducati wouldn't be offering the kit the OP asked about, so many years after the release of the Desmosedici. If they ever did for that model. ProBolt's fasteners are cheaper than those supplied by Poggipolini, from one who has bought many Ti fasteners from both.
The owner has to remove and refit each screw (one at a time), measure, and order. ProBolt's fasteners may be Chinese or whatever, whereas Poggipolini's may be European sourced - can't be sure about any of that - but I have had virtually no issues with ProBolt's products, and I've spent thousands on them. ProBolt offers a wider range than Poggipolini, colours etc. Back when I was buying Poggipolini's Ti fasteners (from a Ferrari parts supplier in Sydney, at great expense) they were very dear, and only in 'natural' (silver).
Beware this can be addictive, as you send off yet more $$ for precious little plastic bags of titanium. A bit like buying intoxicating substances, and not much cheaper!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't think anyone missed the original question, it was only that the discussion had moved on to alternatives. I'm fairly certain Ducati wouldn't be offering the kit the OP asked about, so many years after the release of the Desmosedici. If they ever did for that model. ProBolt's fasteners are cheaper than those supplied by Poggipolini, from one who has bought many Ti fasteners from both.
The owner has to remove and refit each screw (one at a time), measure, and order. ProBolt's fasteners may be Chinese or whatever, whereas Poggipolini's may be European sourced - can't be sure about any of that - but I have had virtually no issues with ProBolt's products, and I've spent thousands on them. ProBolt offers a wider range than Poggipolini, colours etc. Back when I was buying Poggipolini's Ti fasteners (from a Ferrari parts supplier in Sydney, at great expense) they were very dear, and only in 'natural' (silver).
Beware this can be addictive, as you send off yet more $$ for precious little plastic bags of titanium. A bit like buying intoxicating substances, and not much cheaper!
I had weighed in before- pro bolt is made in England- top quality product!! Not sure if they have what you need- but you can't buy better!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts