Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm trying to get together a list of service options.

I've had good and bad experiences at different place - so has everyone - this isn't to bash on anyone specific.
It seems like you can get great customer service and crap mechanical or great mechanical but crap customer service !
The price or communication are a whole can of worms too.

There are a ton of us duc riders in LA - surely we can act together to get some sort of consistent behaviour out of the dealers and service shops?

meantime, maybe come back with your experiences at different shops by rating (out of 10)
- Quality of work
- Communication & On-time
- Value for money

This might keep some of the emotion out of it !
Please extend the list below in this thread...

eg - and this is my experience only

Pro Italia: Quality 8/10, Comms 0/10, Value 6/10

·
Registered
564 Posts
GP motorcycles in San Diego-8/10. The only reason I don't give it a 10 is because of my last service there where they put on a chain without my consent and scratched my windscreen. All was redeemed though when they gave me a free windscreen and 10% off some other parts I needed. I consider that a 1 time fluke. I consider it worth the trek to get there considering Moto Forza is half the distance away (not that they're bad, my buddy loves them) but have generally had a great experience there. Quality of work is pretty good considering I have them do all the work on my bike except oil/tire changes and my bike is an '11 at 18k miles and no problems at all.

·
Court Jester
11,921 Posts
It seems like you can get great customer service and crap mechanical or great mechanical but crap customer service !
The price or communication are a whole can of worms too.
Wow my exact experience I settled for the great mechanic and I only have 3 choices in Seattle and one of the 3 is really far away.

But I like the Mechanic at one of the shops so I'm sticking with them.

All I can say is try and time your maintenance in the winter shops are slow and typically run specials. I saved about 300 bucks this way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts