Ducati.org forum banner

121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
In case anyone didn't know the originator of this thread now has a 1098 powered Bimota, which he seems to love, and he did have a Busa with a turbo on it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
All the best and I hope you all end up with the bike you dreamed about.
DUCATI is not for YOU. And I am pretty sure you want to own one but can't.

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think red and blue is better. :D

usually not a big fan of bling rims but on that blue looks amazing, well done miss! very clean

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rosco, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It’s no sweat off my back! I love all bikes, Japanese bikes are great and I’ve owned plenty over the years! In the end, It all comes down to personal preference. All leader bikes / street bikes off the shelf are fast enough to kill you, some can get you there couple of seconds faster. Personally, there is just something about the way that V-Twin growls not to mention the raw sex appeal of a Duck. After 20 plus years of riding I guess I have been luck because, I have had no catastrophic failures on any of my bikes, Ducati or otherwise. I hope you find the right fit brother.
Thanks
TD

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Rosco, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It’s no sweat off my back! I love all bikes, Japanese bikes are great and I’ve owned plenty over the years! In the end, It all comes down to personal preference. All leader bikes / street bikes off the shelf are fast enough to kill you, some can get you there couple of seconds faster. Personally, there is just something about the way that V-Twin growls not to mention the raw sex appeal of a Duck. After 20 plus years of riding I guess I have been luck because, I have had no catastrophic failures on any of my bikes, Ducati or otherwise. I hope you find the right fit brother.
Thanks
TD
Dude, not only is Rosco banned but he wrote the OP over a year ago.

Think he's still logged in check responses?

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
Dude, not only is Rosco banned but he wrote the OP over a year ago.

Think he's still logged in check responses?
Actually he just started a thread in the sink this week, but I doubt he checks this anymore. I don't think he feels as strongly now as he did then, he did buy a DB7 after all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a streetfighter and it's more fun to ride than any bike I ever had. But I have to agree with many of the complaints about quality. I don't believe the material that are used for many of the parts is the best. A couple of weeks ago I removed the radiator shields to paint them. The bolts were locktighted in and I stripped the heads just trying to get them out. I used an easyout to removed them and was amazed at how soft the steel was. This is one of many examples I've seen on these threads. Things like the 748 rocker problems, electrical gremlins and others shouldn't happen on a modern day bike. These were problems of bikes in the 70s. The ducati is a fantastic bike, but I think all of us should push back on them to improve their quality.

·
Registered
496 Posts
No need to get bitter that Ducatis require a little more work. Just buy a Jap bike too. Then while the Duc is in the shop, you can ride the Jap bike. What do you think Ferrari owners do? Drive a Ferrari everyday?

Accept the Duc for what it is - exotic, hotter, and more bad ass than any other bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ride my Kawi Ninja as a commuter for the great mileage of 70mpg and fun to ride factor and how it handles city traffic.

I race Suzi Gixxers because of low maintenance cost and great track handling and ease of servicing on race day.

I ride my Duck on all other days including cruising with the gang or Sunday solo rides because it gets the oohs and awwws and all the attention going down the road or sitting still getting fueled at the service station not to mention the huge grin :D it puts on my face when riding it.

Each of my bikes serve a purpose with me and I like all of them. Each has it's own character and I appreciate how different they are. If every bike was the same, riding would be boring. I live to ride and ride to live.

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Tempting fate

You give me a Ferrari California, and I would drive that sucker till the wheels fell off.
BC,

Drive it every day, and it wouldn't take long.

Elton

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ride my Kawi Ninja as a commuter for the great mileage of 70mpg and fun to ride factor and how it handles city traffic.

I race Suzi Gixxers because of low maintenance cost and great track handling and ease of servicing on race day.

I ride my Duck on all other days including cruising with the gang or Sunday solo rides because it gets the oohs and awwws and all the attention going down the road or sitting still getting fueled at the service station not to mention the huge grin :D it puts on my face when riding it.

Each of my bikes serve a purpose with me and I like all of them. Each has it's own character and I appreciate how different they are. If every bike was the same, riding would be boring. I live to ride and ride to live.
I like the way you think.:yo:

121 - 140 of 153 Posts