Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, whos got the superpole seat?

Im condisering it due to the fact Im sliding into the tank too much, this 1198 i got about a month ago makes me slide forward much more than the 848 I traded....

Will the superpole seat fix this issue for me??

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Yes, night and day difference to the stock seat. The superpole has more of a saddle shape and will save your boys from smashing into the tank on hard breaking.

·
Registered
138 Posts
+1

Much better control over your riding position hanging off. Have to add though, if you haven't done it yet, adding techspec pads to the tank sides (or stompgrips if that's your thing) plus the superpole is what really made the difference for me in terms of stopping the slide into the tank under braking.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
A word of caution when considering the Ducati Performance Neoprene Seat, if you plan to move around the seat, such as track riding, this seat dissolves very quickly.

This picture was taken after 1500 miles on mine, but i ride pretty hard.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
can vouch for the DP Performance seat. Better than stock, but longer-lasting than the SP. 4000 miles, no dramas so far.
Interested in hearing what you mean by "longer lasting than the SP".....

Excuse how dirty it is, but the only wear is a minor smoothed spot on the right side top of the seat (most likey due to that being where my left cheek ends up most of the time because of going to right-hand turn dominant tracks). The knobbies on the sides of the seat are in perfect leather/jean grabbing condition.

Seat went on at 4,500 miles. Bike is now at 24k and change with multiple track events per year. In my opinion, this seat is going to outlive the bike.

-Christian

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Those of you who have used your bikes at the track BEFORE putting the SP seat on, how did you feel about it afterwards while riding at the track? Did you have to change your riding style/body position at all? I'm considering getting one (if I can find a used one that doesn't cost a small fortune) but I'm just so used to my stock seat, that I'm wondering if it will mess up my riding.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Interested in hearing what you mean by "longer lasting than the SP".....

Excuse how dirty it is, but the only wear is a minor smoothed spot on the right side top of the seat (most likey due to that being where my left cheek ends up most of the time because of going to right-hand turn dominant tracks). The knobbies on the sides of the seat are in perfect leather/jean grabbing condition.

Seat went on at 4,500 miles. Bike is now at 24k and change with multiple track events per year. In my opinion, this seat is going to outlive the bike.

-Christian
I'm just running with the advice of my dealer here dude. They said that the SP is designed for track use and will wear faster than the Neoprene with street & occasional track use. "Faster" is a relative term here obviously...

I'm not saying your seat is about to explode - anecdotally at least, the Neoprene seems to be wearing quickly for some users here - but I'm guessing my dealer sees more than just a few of these seats and is in a position to make a good judgment call on what seat is appropriate for a specific application.

Take that for whatever it's worth dude.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I'm just running with the advice of my dealer here dude. They said that the SP is designed for track use and will wear faster than the Neoprene with street & occasional track use. "Faster" is a relative term here obviously...

I'm not saying your seat is about to explode - anecdotally at least, the Neoprene seems to be wearing quickly for some users here - but I'm guessing my dealer sees more than just a few of these seats and is in a position to make a good judgment call on what seat is appropriate for a specific application.

Take that for whatever it's worth dude.
Dont take this the wrong way, but it sounds like your dealer has no personal experience and is full of shit.

Take it from someone who has had both, the Superpole is better all around. The neoprene is garbage.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Dont take this the wrong way, but it sounds like your dealer has no personal experience and is full of shit.

Take it from someone who has had both, the Superpole is better all around. The neoprene is garbage.
Not sure why they would need personal experience, or what their own personal experience would really be worth?

Surely if you see hundreds of bikes with these seats, you can build a more accurate picture of longevity than 1 guy who has had both seats? No offence.

My point is that, of course, individuals usage will differ substantially, and that obviously affects wear... but if you're seeing heaps of these seats week in week out, you're probably in a better position to comment, no?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Not sure why they would need personal experience, or what their own personal experience would really be worth?

Surely if you see hundreds of bikes with these seats, you can build a more accurate picture of longevity than 1 guy who has had both seats? No offence.

My point is that, of course, individuals usage will differ substantially, and that obviously affects wear... but if you're seeing heaps of these seats week in week out, you're probably in a better position to comment, no?

Just a thought.
Ok, how about both. I have used both AND work at a dealership.

I have nothing to gain by telling you that one seat is better then the other, but I do have person experience and anyone that tells you that the neoprene seat holds up better then the Superpole is either lying to you or someone I personally would never ask advice again, because they gave you bad info. This thread has pictures to prove my point...

Neoprene has 1500 miles and looks like absolute crap, the Superpole has 20k miles and still looks brand new...I know which one I would choose.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Personal experience is everything.

Example: I could tell you all day that a Honda 250 will smoke an 1199 on the track. A person without personal experience or ever having been around bikes may believe you and take your word, but the person who has personally experienced both and knows better will laugh at you and never ask your opinion again...because they know you dont know what you are talking about. Understand?

The Superpole is to the neoprene seat what the Ducati 1199 is to a Honda 250.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Personal experience is everything.

Example: I could tell you all day that a Honda 250 will smoke an 1199 on the track. A person without personal experience or ever having been around bikes may believe you and take your word, but the person who has personally experienced both and knows better will laugh at you and never ask your opinion again...because they know you dont know what you are talking about. Understand?

The Superpole is to the neoprene seat what the Ducati 1199 is to a Honda 250.
Sure. If my dealer had never seen a seat, I would treat his opinion on seats with about as much weight as my girlfriends. But he has seen a seat. Not just 1 seat either, but hundreds of them, over an extended period of time. Which is why I'm more inclined to listen to him over 1 guy who has had both seats.

Yep, there are a few guys who have had bad experiences with the Neoprene seat. But who has any idea about their riding style, where they keep their bikes, how they maintain them, what gear they ride in etc etc...there are a hundred variables here...so I just rely on the opinion of the guy who has the most experience with these things.

Whether he himself has used the seat or not is, in my opinion, almost irrelevant.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.