Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY..

The revolution starts with Aragon

The moment that all expected to happen, finally will be now in stake to prove if is better then the older carbon solution.

Indeed, the new frame that Ducati tested on GP12 at Mugello few days ago, was from aluminum and the same solution will be present on GP 11 at Motorland Aragon.
There won't be a Deltabox type frame, Ducati will use the same structure as the old Desmosedici had but the carbon parts were changed with aluminum ones.

read more here guys

·
Registered
350 Posts
its only the front section thats changing, as the frame is in multiple parts.
The frames wouldn't be much use if you could get hold of them, as they are designed to bolt onto the motor that acts as a stressed member.
Unless you have a spare motogp motor sitting in your lounge ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
The frames wouldn't be much use if you could get hold of them, as they are designed to bolt onto the motor that acts as a stressed member.
No I would retro fit it to my RSV4 motor, it would save me making a frame. I have the rest of the bits to make a D16 copy that is actually usable and serviceable as a track bike.

No chance of getting one anyway so I’ll go with the chrome molly frame that I had planned to use.

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
Made by FTR - commissioned in June apparently.

If it looks like being better then they will more than likely have to recast some more crankcases and start from the back of the grid.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Made by FTR - commissioned in June apparently.

If it looks like being better then they will more than likely have to recast some more crankcases and start from the back of the grid.
didnt seem like that to me, the mounting points changed but are using existing points on the block.

That said, this is kind of stupid. Did Rossi test the 2012 1199 and proclaim it much better than the desmo?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hmm it would be nice to get hold of the old carbon frames.
that would be tough....I doubt Ducati would let them go and it is a "frameless" design. ;)

(yes....I agree getting the carbon stressed airbox and everything else involved would be awesome!!) :)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hell, I don't want anything of Rossi's bike.
It's Jinx; it will made me a shitty ridder.:laughing:

·
Registered
938 Posts
I hope that they did enough R and D with the frame. Definitely FTR has the experience in building such frames. I hope its at par with the competition.
Hopefuly this frame will now work witht he hard carcassed bridgestone tires.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
I don't suppose we should expect too much straight away - be nice to get some indication of improvement though.

If it feels better in the front it's bound to help Rossi and Hayden psychologically. They're overdue for a bit of a lift.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
haha, yeap still crap because when you change such an important part of the bike u must take it from ZERO.
they have no telemetry data, no nothing.. full zero and this is the biggest handicap a team can have, no data to start from.

tomorrow will start from pit lane because he uses the 7th engine from 6 allowed. read more

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's painful to see Ducati doing so poorly. I like Rossi, but it is a little humorous to see Rossi struggle after the remarks he made to Stoner about not being able to ride the Duc last year. I think next year will be a different story since Rossi will have some time to assist in the development of the new bike. His wisdom and experience cannot be denied.

·
Registered
19,179 Posts
No I would retro fit it to my RSV4 motor, it would save me making a frame. I have the rest of the bits to make a D16 copy that is actually usable and serviceable as a track bike.

No chance of getting one anyway so I’ll go with the chrome molly frame that I had planned to use.
would the cf frame fit the seddicci motor

1 - 20 of 49 Posts